Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Since I have no NAND backups, what if I just erase my NANDs and then flash it with the 3.60 OFW that is here in the downloads section? Will that work instead? I shouldn't get a perma-brick. How do I erase my NANDs and then re-flash it? Anyone know? Step-by-step guide would be helpful so it can be done right, that's all.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    infinitie if you do that it will kill the ps3 and NO ONE can fix it because the nand/nor is different on all consoles and it has infomation about the fw but it is not the fw. read up on it before you do ANYTHING because you will basically mess it up and it will be a actuall BRICK

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ok, cool thanks man.

Erasing your NANDs without backing up, or at least attempting to backup is plain silly - YOU WILL END UP WITH AN EXPENSIVE DOOR-STOP!!!

If you have a Progskeet and the no-solder slips, what's stopping you from doing this?

Hello Guys,

first of all, very nice tutorial. Thanks for that. I've tried this tutorial on a cechg04 with 4.00 firmware. But it doesn't work. I only get an Ylod. Did anybody of you tried this with firmware 4.00?

Or did anybody have another Tutorial for 4.00?

Thx

Downgrading the 4.00 firmware is the same as downgrading 3.6x & 3.7x (with the NOR consoles)

There are 3 patches for the NAND consoles - 3.41 COS patch, 3.55 COS patch & TRVK patch - have you tried all 3 combinations?

Are you sure you have a 100% clean dump? Does flowrebuilder extract your NAND filesystem without errors?

I've tried the combinations. Everytime Ylod. When i flash back my original dumps, then the ps3 works fine. So, the dumps aren't the problem.

But maybe i make a mistake somewhere. I will try it again. Good to know that it works with 4.00. Because i wasn't sure.

thx, and when it won't work, i will write it here

flowrebuilder said that:
    nand 1 = 5 bad blocks
    nand 2 = 1 bad block

but the dumps working fine
    Last edited by kiki1234; 01-22-2012 at 10:10 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Open 355patchCOS.bin, select all - copy

Open your interleaved 256Mb dump - go to offset C0020 - click 'edit' - then 'paste write'

Save it as 256mod.bin, de-interleave then flash NAND 1 & 2 with the new files it creates.

mushy409

hi, have done like the tut with skeet dump, now not shure if the dumps NAND 0 & 1 are ok? FlowRebuilder says ok!

how can it checked 100%, before patching it?

[Register or Login to view links]

Quote Originally Posted by kiki1234 View Post
    first of all, very nice tutorial. Thanks for that. I've tried this tutorial on a cechg04 with 4.00 firmware. But it doesn't work. I only get an Ylod. Did anybody of you tried this with firmware 4.00?
    Your console CECHG04 is a NAND 256MB, i have the exact console. What mushy409 describes as downgradable from 4.00 is a NOR console

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News