Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    alexg13, we need you to log EVERYTHING that passes your PS3. Mostly URL's use Wireshark or somthing to log the packets.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is what happens when you change 0.8.6 to 0.8.3 in DATA.XML. (attachment)

[Register or Login to view links]

This url is not accessed through the proxy so people haven't really been able to change it yet. I did it through dns and my own webserver.

homeps3.online.scee.com:10071 is the server it logs in at but it's all encrypted.

Btw it's green because I'm using a ps2 vga cable.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

ps3home_error.jpg  
    Last edited by Noghlin; 04-10-2008 at 08:13 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Noghlin View Post

This url is not accessed through the proxy so people haven't really been able to change it yet. I did it through dns and my own webserver.

homeps3.online.scee.com:10071 is the server it logs in at but it's all encrypted.

Ok... What could i replace ? The country.xml by the data.xml, or the product.xml by the data.xml ?

Ok I am installing wireshark now and you shall receive whatever information my PS3 sends me.

Okay I did it, Big problem is there are alot of listings and alot contain mac addresses of mine so I'd rather not hand them out, I can see the client hello and the server hello.
    Last edited by alexg13; 04-10-2008 at 09:28 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by alexg13 View Post
    Ok I am installing wireshark now and you shall receive whatever information my PS3 sends me.

Okay I did it, Big problem is there are alot of listings and alot contain mac addresses of mine so I'd rather not hand them out, I can see the client hello and the server hello.
    Save it, and do a replace all on your MAC address(s) and then upload it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noghlin View Post

in the data.xml did you change all the false to true?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayoda View Post
    in the data.xml did you change all the false to true?
    No I just changed 0.8.6 to 0.8.3. And I did it with a DNS server, redirecting game-updates.online.scee.com to my own IP with my own webserver at port 10010 with the changed DATA.XML.

I don't think changing anything else in the file will help because the login-server says there is an update. And all that is encrypted.

hey u can see in ngholins pic thats it says condition false, it told then that there is an update but there isn't.. so i think this is for systems with uninvited home to prevent them so its either learn to make own home server or pass as a tester which frankly is without Alex's help not possible atm, so we need that file.

Hey my friend told me something that may help in some way with the copyright error. Well what happened was that my friend got the game pain (he bought) and he wanted to let his friend have it too. So what he did was, he signed in on his friends ps3 and downloaded from his account... but it had the same copyright error.

So then He made a new user and signed in on that account with his user name and password and it worked. He didn't have to keep it signed in just to have it, but I think he said that you can only play it on that user without the copyright error. So there must be some kind of information saved on the hard drive. i don't know if this helps, but i guess its better than nothing.

I'll just throw something out there: The pkg file for Home probably has to be hacked into to make it so you can go into Home. There might be a way to make the client not look for Sony's approval, but I don't see that happening with a simple XML "document."

Also, Home comes as one download (probably just the apartment), and then you have the option of downloading everything else so things will load faster, or at least if you don't want them, you don't need to wait that extra time downloading them instead of going into Home and so it will save space.
    That's why I think Alex's Home data is over 700 megs when all we get are 192, 199, and 225 MB files.

And just to let everyone know, there is NO WAY (that I have found in the hours of scourging the internet) to make this work on Linux.

Sponsored Links
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast