Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by jkoz View Post
    Dude... what IS the F@H method. All I've seen is the editing the XML files, I've done just that and I STILL can't get the Home icon to come up. All paths are correct, IP is correct, Proxy is correct... everything is picture perfect but nothing is working. I can still sign into the PS Store. If I try to DL anything it goes to 0% and stays there.
    Exact Instructions are here:-
    http://www.ps3news.com/forums/post159-226200.html

F@H method is described here:-
    http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-on...ead-64977.html

It uses a very similar process using the PS3 Proxy Server program...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by jchevier View Post
    Tried changing the falses to trues in data.xml and tried changing the 0 to a higher value in the gamelaunchoptions.xml, but still no luck. I have to think we are on the right path though.
    nope wrong path my friend that gamlaunchoptions.xml (since i have been in home and saw everything) that is to launch the games like if you wanna play COD4, you put there on home how many people you want to join you like 2 all the way to 32 (max of players)

so its not that big of a deal right now im looking at all the .xml i found myself and some look very interesting, i am looking for one that tells it where to put the file.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i have a couple questions.. first has anyone found the link to the new updated version and installed it using the ps3 proxy way? what if the reason you update it and it dosent work is because your downloading the update through some kind of "check" way?

also it was already said that there was going to be a home update today. home beta testers already said that last week. so the update i dont think has to do with this. i think you cant get to the screen because theres a updated version now. so the servers are not gonna let you connect because your on a old version such as how ps3 wont let you connect online with old firmware.

so i dont think this or anything is with the old version i think people should focus on this new update. what if it was never patched its just cause people are forcing a old version to work?

i dont think its likely that they patched it within a couple hours releasing a patch that could possibly screw everything up. patches have to go through authentication and etc. they cant release then in a couple hours.
    Last edited by ruoke1; 04-08-2008 at 10:02 PM

Quote Originally Posted by dustinmyles View Post
    I think you guys are on the money regarding "editing" an orinal beta tester's XML! I just went to youtube to watch rda990's "Home 2" video, where he supposedly proves that he is NOT a beta tester, however, I can't help thinking that he is, and he is logged in under a different account (in the video); and that's why the HOME BETA doesn't show up under his "downloaded list".

I posted him a message concerning not only my complaint, but I told to address EVERYONE's complaint (from this thread), and told him to make a video addressing our specific regarding his legitimacy......oh yeah, AND I told him he was full of crap.
    ahhh so i found another non beliver hmm... so what you want me to do to prove that i am no HOME BETA TESTER? did you not see the second video? i go under subscriptions and services and nothing... haha wow shame.

Quote Originally Posted by rda990 View Post
    ahhh so i found another non beliver hmm... so what you want me to do to prove that i am no HOME BETA TESTER? did you not see the second video? i go under subscriptions and services and nothing... haha wow shame.
    rda990 - Can you stick around and answer some questions that people have...

1. You had a home icon under the games section....was this from the method posted in this thread? Or from using a previous version of Home Beta? (i.e the one used with the F@H method)
    2. Do you have any other users on your PS3? If so, maybe they're Home Beta testers, and that's why yours worked.
    3. Do you have a save game from the Home Beta?
    4. What country do you live in? Maybe its country specific, for those xml files...
    5. Have you tried since the update was released?

i can answer 3 of those (1st, 3rd, and the 5th)

1. he used the F@H method as i still have the home icon from F@H on my xmb under game
    3. yes he does (i asked him and he said yes - he was goin to send to me but got offline)
    5. yes he has (i was chatting with him on ps3 and aim)

the links that are post here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/post146-226114.html
    came from this servers

Domain name servers:

CETCDNS001.ONLINE.SCEE.COM 217.18.19.184
    CETCDNS002.ONLINE.SCEE.COM 217.18.19.185

are this servers the ones that we can't connect with in home?
    Last edited by denunes; 04-08-2008 at 10:49 PM

Red Face

Quote Originally Posted by cs475x View Post
    3. yes he does (i asked him and he said yes - he was goin to send to me but got offline)
    If he has a save file he needs to attach it here then, why he didn't initially makes no sense whatsoever.

As for saying "Yes" to "Have you tried since the update was released?" that is far too general. He/you need to go into detail on whether it actually worked or not, and what happened exactly.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by rda990 View Post
    I want you to show your user accounts, log in to all of them and show us that you HAVE NO LEGITIMATE BETA TESTERS ALREADY assigned to your console (i.e. you and a freind are sharing an account, etc...) and how DID you have the HOME icon under the games menu way before EVERYONE else?

Yes, I saw your second video on youtube, of course you would know that if you would have actually READ WHAT I WROTE, and I write it again: make a NEW VIDEO ADDRESSING THESE ISSUES. I've been posting these complaints for about 36 hours and you didn't respond till now? not only that, but you didn't even respond appropriately as you did NOT address any of the concerns I originally pontificated (most curious, I wonder if you've been spending all your time trying to figure out how to continue pulling off your cherade?).

So, I'll wirte it AGAIN: make a new video that addresses these issues and post it; in your new video SHOW US THE USER ACCOUNTS, AND THE DOWNLOAD LISTS FOR ALL ACCOUNTS. It is BEYOND obvious to all of us here that there is SOMETHING YOU ARE NOT TELLING US, for what ever reason: that you want us to think that you're some kind of cool-guy who figured it out? if so tell us what you did.

There is absolutely NO WAY you just happened to stumble into HOME by magic, enough people have tried this by now that if that WERE the case you WOULD NOT be the ONLY CHOSEN ONE for it to happen to, there would be AT LEAST one or two others that managed to squeeze through the server's filters and actually get into HOME at this point. Like I said before, I have nothing to lose, so prove me wrong; or tell us how you did it; or STOP LYING!

p.s. Your "2nd HOME" video does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to prove that you are not - in some way - being disingenuous (which means "lying") about your claims or your beta tester status. (And this time, PAY ATTENTION to what I have written and - if/where necessary - use a dictionary).

HAVE A NICE DAY!

Quote Originally Posted by cs475x View Post
    i can answer 3 of those (1st, 3rd, and the 5th)

1. he used the F@H method as i still have the home icon from F@H on my xmb under game
    OK cool... Anyway, I've tried having the Beta from the F@H method on my PS3, as well as doing the method from this forum thread.... but that doesn't work, so it's not that...

Having the Save game could be useful... wanna post it when you get it?

Good to hear its still working after the update....

Sponsored Links
Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast