Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by exothermicboy View Post
    Not sure if anyone has tried this but the PS3 seems to check this file when I'm trying to use the home beta (not working though).

[Register or Login to view links]

It seems to refer to the firmware version required, if someone on a lower firmware tried altering this and installing perhaps it would save some people updating? I'm on the latest firmware so it doesnt really effect me.
    The only thing you can do with that link is edit it and replace it and it will work to sign in to your psn acount on a lower firmware without updating.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I just installed home like a lot of people in the thread. And it is not working for me either

I tried creating different PSN accounts in different countries (I like in Australia, I created a US and Japanese one).

They give different terms and conditions but they still do not connect.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I see people are still working at this.. Does anyone know of a friend or somebody that trusts them that has the real beta? Maybe they can compare files and see what we are missing. Got to be some license that Sony had the real beta testers dl to give them access to the servers.

What tool do the Devs use to extract the pkg files??

Anybody heard anything about the latest update to HOME that is supposed to be out today, v0.86?? They might have quickly added a patch to stop progress through methods like this and closed the hole.
    Last edited by wicked insanity; 04-08-2008 at 09:56 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by chidesd View Post
    wish someone with home would upload the home game save. I think I have an idea. but I need that game save.
    What kind of idea, like editing the save files with a Hex editor like with the COD4 saves??

Quote Originally Posted by iemand123 View Post
    The only thing you can do with that link is edit it and replace it and it will work to sign in to your psn acount on a lower firmware without updating.
    Then couldn't we possibly get into a higher version of firmware ? Probably not but just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by undacovabrothe View Post
    I have a question for rda990: does Home show up in your recent download history? and for the people who cant get it to work can you guys also check.
    HOME does not appear in the 'recently downloaded' tab on the PSN Store because it was not downloaded from there. Like any other game update it doen't show up and this is now different.

How remove PLAYSTATION®Home icon from PS3? pls

Quote Originally Posted by DaryCZ View Post
    How remove PLAYSTATION®Home icon from PS3? pls
    Hit 'triangle' on the HOME icon then delete. That should get rid of it i imagine although I cant see why you would want to. If that doesn't work and you are left with the pale blue HOME icon then i guess just revert your PS3 connection straight to the internet and not through PC proxy. Or if all else fails you could always format your HDD lol.

Then couldn't we possibly get into a higher version of firmware ? Probably not but just a suggestion.
    Nope, this method just fools the server into thinking the firmware version on your console is a different version. It does in no way copy any files or change the actual firmware version you have installed.

Sponsored Links
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast