N0pEdrm - Convert / Resign Paid PSN to Licence Free PS3 Tutorial

Today Sony PlayStation 3 hackers harryoke, zecoxao and Ada Love Lace have shared a PS3 tutorial dubbed N0pEdrm. which allowes users to convert / resign paid PSN content to licence free.

Below are the details, as follows:

N0pEdrm Convert Paid PSN Free License (Resign PSN Paid Content as Free):

Tools you'll need:

Specifically:

1. edat tool gui
    2. scetool (gui)

Steps:

1. Fetch your favorite psn game and correspondent rap from psnstuff
    2. Extract the pkg and get the edat (s) and the EBOOT.BIN from it (if there is one)
    3. Using edat tool gui decrypt the edat (s) with the respectivement rap and reencrypt it (them) with devklic-npdrm1 (free KLIC)
    4. Scetool using gui, and with the rap Properly Placed in rape folder, decrypt the eboot of the game.
    5. Reencrypt it with this command (for cfw 4.xx):
    Code:
    scetool.exe-v-sce-type = SELF-compress data = TRUE-skip sections = TRUE-key revision = 10-self-auth-id = 1010000001000003-self add-shdrs = TRUE self-vendor id = 01000002 type = NPDRM-self-self-app-version = 0001000000000000-self-fw-version = 0003006000000000-np-license-type = FREE-np-content-id = YOURCID-np-app-type = EXEC - np-real-fname = EBOOT.BIN EBOOT.BIN-encrypt EBOOT.ELF
    YOURCID Where is the game's content id.

6. Pkg ONLY install the game and test if it gives you an error when you try to run it of activation
    7. Replace the eboot and the edat (s) with the ones on the game.
    8. Run the game again. It should now work without problems.

Note that this may not work in some games.. please test it in all the types of psn activated content to know which ones work and which ones don't.. a compatibility list may be required for this.

This pkg I supplied won't work because it'll give error 80028F17. there was a fix for this Ada Love Lace told us how to fix it but she's left the channel just some moments ago... I think the fix involved using jjkkyu's edat rebuilder... try with these edats (replace and rebuild pkg)

For those of you who have issues with the new games (edat version 4) just use true ancestor edat rebuilder 1.85 (See HERE and HERE) with the devklics from aldos database (aldostools.org/temp/klics.txt). if you can't find the devklic in there, just bruteforce it

N0pEdrm - Convert / Resign Paid PSN to Licence Free PS3 Tutorial

More PlayStation 3 News...

I can't seem to decrypt the EDAT/EBOOT/RAP for Black Ops 2 from PSN... The program ceases to determine the Dev Kliscense, and thusfar, cannot decrypt the files.

What should I do?

I have a batch script that automates anything, first it extracts the PKG, then scan the USRDIR for edat self and eboot files, then it will be decrypted in seconds (edat and self decryption can take time if the klics is not in current archive) and repack it automatically in PKG with the fixes.

I used this as a chain-tool since it uses 2 different CLI program which is edat-bruteforce and scetool.