You need Nero 7 or above or Windows Media Player 11.
NERO: For Nero you go to Start menu-Programs-Nero 7-Nero MediaHome. After you run Nero media Home click on shared directories and choose the folders that have you Movies/Music/Pictures you wish to access on PS3 and then click Start Server & your PS3 should automaticly see it & it should show up on PS3 XMB, if not search for media server on PS3. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/pooky_187/1.jpg http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/pooky_187/2.jpg
Remember your PC & PS3 need to be on same network for this to work.
A lot of files are supported such as .AVI, VOB, MP4, MP3, WMP but nothing over 4gb since PS3 has a 4gb streaming limit.
Set up with Mindows Media Player 11.
Turn On Media Sharing WMP 11
If media sharing is not already turned on, you need to turn it on.
To turn on media sharing
- Click the arrow below the Library tab, and then click Media Sharing.
- In the Media Sharing dialog box, select the Share my media check box.
Choose Which Devices to Share Your Media With
After you turn on media sharing, you need to select the devices that should have access to your Player library.
To choose which devices to share your media with:
- In the list of devices below the Share my media to check box, select a device.
- Do one of the following:
- If you want to share your media with the computer or device you have selected, click Allow.
- If you don't want to share your media with the computer or device you have selected, click Deny.
For information about how to customize what media you share with the device, see "Change settings for sharing media" in Windows Media Player Help.
Note that you can also allow or deny devices by clicking the notification that appears when the Player detects a new device on your network.
Play Shared Media
After you have allowed your computers and devices to access your Player library, you are ready to use your device or other computer to select content to play.
To use your device to play shared media:
- Use the device's remote control to select the name of the computer that is sharing your content. Then use the remote control to browse for content that you want to play.
- If you need assistance to use your device to select the content to play, check the documentation that came with your device.
Note that your networked digital media player might not support playback of all of the file types that the Player can share. For example, your device might support playback of audio files, but not video files or picture files. In addition, your device might be capable of playing songs that you purchased from an online store, but not songs that you've rented through a subscription service.