Sponsored Links

Post Making Blu-ray or DVD with HD Content and MKV for PS3

Sponsored Links
    You need:
    - ps3
    - pc
    - mkv files
    - Blu ray burner or dvd burner

Now that blu-ray burner aren’t very expensive and BD-R or BD-RE, I have made some successful test to burn 3 or 4 movies (720p or 1080 with ac3 sound) on one blu-ray.

1/ you have some mkv movies on your PC Hard drive with high definition content (encoded in VC1, x264)
    2/ Download the software (free) tsmuxer
    You can find this tool here: [Register or Login to view links]

3/ Work with Ts muxer:

-Choose add and go to you mkv
    -It will show you how many tracks you have (1 video track and 1 or more audio track)
    -Choose the track you want to keep (at least the video and one audio)
    -Outpout : choose m2ts files
    -Video level : the video level has to be set to 4.1 (ps3 don’t read 5.1 profile)
    -Don’t touch other things
    -Click on start muxing and wait (for me 2 minutes on a 720p files and 4-5 minutes en a 1080p files)

Ts muxer doesn’t encode the video, it only do demux and mux process so it’s very quick.

4/ Now you have a m2ts file with you audio and video (don’t worry if the video files is not blu-ray compliant for the video resolution it will work too). Make this for all the movie you want.

5/ Go to nero. Choose blu ray date and UDF 2.5 (not less, no more). Make one folder for each movie and put the movie in the folder
    6/ Burn you blu-ray and wait.
    7/ Go to the ps3, put the blu ray and go to video, data disc/you folder and you will see the movie.
    8/ Just play it and enjoy

You can do this on a dvd too (the only problem is the size).

Now I'm searching for a tool to make the thumbnail on the pc to have a good looking and making a real blu-ray disc without encoding movie.

Some time you can have problem with dts sound, you can use tools like eacto to convert dts to ac3. If some people have problems with this I can make a tutorial.

Hope it will help.
    Sorry for my poor English.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi cyberbob;

What you described above looks OK; Now my issue is ...normally, for example when you burn a CD or a DVD with a multi sesion a stand-alone player will see only the first session and nothing else.

With this procedure you say that every film will be visible; meaning every movie in each own directory ?

One question . . is this possible for example to "mux" 3-4 vide files ..like music clips in one instance ? and to be runned as a single file ?

Regards,
    Q

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Now my issue is ...normally, for example when you burn a CD or a DVD with a multi sesion a stand-alone player will see only the first sesion and nothing else.
    You can't use multisession, ps3 ans other standalone player don't recognize it thats why you have this problem.
    With this procedure you say that every film will be visible; meaning every movie in each own directory ?
    Yes of course
    One question . . is this possible for example to "mux" 3-4 video files ..like music clips in one instance ? and to be runned as a single file ?
    Maybe with tsmuwer but i have never use this, sorry.
    Regards

I am working now in a way to make a real bluray with hig def content (menu and everything) with blu ray rip.
    I have make some sucessful and unsuccesful test because the files must be blu-ray compiliant.

I like your post bro... thanks, i will try this..

proskopos

this the best program also to make big movies of mkv files. i tried also tsmuxer but if you make big files of mkv you will take a big stripe at the bottom of the screen.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Cyberbob,

Thank you for your very useful tutorial.

If the product is less than 8 GB, how to burn it onto a DVD-DL. After setting nero to burn udf2.5, but it asked for: physical/logical or sparable. I tried phisical partition but the PS3 cannot see it.

Any special adjustments needed when burning an UDF-Data DVD. I searched the net and found many answers like "you have to burn it in UDF 2.5" but no one showed how to set the burn parameter, say in nero.

I know that there are many people being successful in burning ps3quality video downloaded from newsgroups. Please help. Thank you very much.

In nero you have to set this :

Sorry, but it'is in french.

With this your ps3 will see your movie.
    Hope it help
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

udf25tp5.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by cyberbob View Post
    In nero you have to set this :

Sorry, but it'is in french.

With this your ps3 will see your movie.
    Hope it help
    Thank you again. It worked and imgburn could also do well.

thanks for this

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News