Thumbs Up How to Unlock or Lock PS3 GameSaves with JailBreak and FTP Guide

How to Unlock or Lock PS3 GameSaves with JailBreak and FTP Guide

This tutorial comes courtesy of Falcon here: the360gamers.com/forums/sony/20648-how-unlock-all-gamesaves-lock-all.html

UPDATED: APPARENTLY WHEN YOU UNLOCK THE SAVE AND TRY TO COPY IT BACK ONTO THE PS3 IT BECOMES CORRUPTED HOWEVER THIS IS STILL USEFUL.

Unlocking PS3 saves means you can copy the saves folder used to hack for trophies and such (i am not talking about the pop right away i mean the files inside the gamesave folder), and by using FTP Server you can stick these packages into your own PS3 save. So copying the save directly to your PS3 VIA USB won't work but certain files over FTP will indeed work.

HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN DO SOMETHING DOING THIS METHOD BELOW MAKES THEM CORRUPTED WHEN YOU TRY TO COPY THEM.

thx to NtRnOs for the SSF4 save and images

You will need
    -PS Jailbreak (or Groove)
    -FTP Server

Not i don't have the device it self or FTP but it should work.

Okay run FTP server and locate this following directory on their
    /dev_hdd0/home/00000013/savedata
    something like that

Okay now find a gamesave of a game that is locked
    once you have found a game that is locked go open
    Homebrew PS3 system editor v.80 (you might need to copy that save over to your PC)

Now go to load and find that save
    now go to advance settings
    this is how you unlock the save
    where it says attribute, if the number is bigger then zero that means the save is locked, to unlock it simple delete that number and place a 0 in its spot.

there save is unlocked

For those non jailbreak people who want to test this feature

copy this Super street fighter 4 thx NtRnOs again for the save

Open it up in Homebrew editor V.80

go to attribute and change it to 1
    put it in a usb device
    and try to copy it over to the system, it will be locked to the usb device
    go back and change it back to 0 you can now copy it

pretty neat, so my question is now that we can unlock gamesaves people should take a look at locked gamesaves such as rainbow six vegas 2, or demon souls, or assassin creed to see if they are editable or trophy pop up, cause they are locked for a reason right?

also good for people who want to back up their own saves and format their own HDD without losing that data now.
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for sharing the guide Matthieu105, I have moved it to the tutorials section now and +Rep!