Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i only managed to grab a generic no name AT90USB162 (not even a teensy 2.0 cause there were all sold out over here)

but it works with any compatible .hex file thrown at it and thats all that matters

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok thanks, will give it a shot when I get home and update results. Thanks again.

Ok went through the whole process from start to finish again. Still same result regarding any homebrew applications. So what I did was update to 3.50 from usb, the went into service mode and downgraded back to 3.15. I then hunted around for a 3.15 hex and found xoeo-custom-pl3-3.15-test-hex, installed that on my x3max and now homebrew is launching fine again. will at some point attempt 3.41 again.

Cheers again Haksam much appreciated.
    Last edited by xplatboy; 12-10-2010 at 02:24 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Good to see my hex file is in use

And to think, I can't even post in the dev section of this site.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you have any Dev stuff to post you can stick it in the member news and we will move it to the Dev section if needed, but ya, hex codes would generally go in the PS3 Hacks section.

Quote Originally Posted by xplatboy View Post
    Ok thanks, will give it a shot when I get home and update results. Thanks again.

Ok went through the whole process from start to finish again. Still same result regarding any homebrew applications. So what I did was update to 3.50 from usb, the went into service mode and downgraded back to 3.15. I then hunted around for a 3.15 hex and found xoeo-custom-pl3-3.15-test-hex, installed that on my x3max and now homebrew is launching fine again. will at some point attempt 3.41 again.

Cheers again Haksam much appreciated.
    great to see it working again for you.

if i recall, the 3.41 pup in the DGF folder is a modified pup, maybe it wasn't compatible with your unit? not too sure but good to know about this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    If you have any Dev stuff to post you can stick it in the member news and we will move it to the Dev section if needed, but ya, hex codes would generally go in the PS3 Hacks section.
    Not quite what I meant
    I did the Kiosk psgroove hex (Mark Webber)
    Right now I am 1 step away from having it done for the debug 3.41 units as well...
    I'll post what I need into the news section and see what happens.

I can't post into the news section, I cant edit my own post after 3 minutes either so I will post it here and see if anything happens.

I need a someone with a debug console running 3.41 to do a wireshark dump and send the pcap file to me.
    My unit has a dead BD board so the final dump cannot be done due to it needing to launch an installed app then pressing the PS button.
    Of course with the dead board, it just crashes so cannot be done.

I need someone who meets these criteria:
    1: Has a brain
    2: Can run wireshark connected to their debug PS3
    3: Can save a file
    4: Can email said file (or place somewhere I can get it)

I will supply a hex file that is almost complete for the board of choice (no PIC boards please) that will assist in the dumping of the pcap file.

Once this is done, psgroove will be on debug units.
    Last edited by gumbie; 12-11-2010 at 05:09 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hmm.. you should be able to make new threads in the Member News area, I guess I will have to look into that if you can't.

Update: I checked the permissions.. they seem OK for Newbie class users starting new threads HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Update: I checked the permissions.. they seem OK for Newbie class users starting new threads HERE.
    You have no idea how much that hurts

Heh indeed, I suppose we could call the UserGroup something nicer... but for experienced people who are just new to this site that still wouldn't ease the pain much.

If that payload was one of yours then many thanks Gumbie, it worked great while I used it.

Seems like I kinda jumped the gun in celebrating. The black screen issue happened again but I believe I know know what the problem is.

Turns out out it is related to the bdrom which is a little iffy in that machine, it every once in a while seems that the loading mech goes out of sync, it wont accept a game or any other disc when you try to insert it. If eject is then pressed it churns itself for ages much the same way as when you do a drive reset. After that it works fine for disc loading once more.

It turns out that if the drive is having one of its out of sync moments it causes the black screen issue I explained earlier. It may sound odd but I have tested and tested my theory enough time to be sure about it.

Maybe the drive doesn't issue a "ready" status or something like that. Anyway just thought Id spread the info in case it happens to anyone else.

On another note regarding my bd playback, I had tried replacing dev flash 3 files posted with no luck, I then used dev flash 3 files from an NTSC/J system I have and it cured the problem for me.

Thanks All.

Sponsored Links
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News