Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ZCRISTIAN1980 View Post
    yes i put my formated fat 32 thumb drive on the far right usb drive, i installed both files that haksam sayed, my demo ps3 automatic turns on when i flip the switch on the back, do i need to disable that? please help
    the kiosk ps3 is a 60gb with the 4 usb drives and ps2 playback

what do you mean by flashed a jb devise with downgrade flash?
    To do this, you need to get your choice of a JailBreak device, and then flash it with the specific Downgrade Hex, so you can then use the files above to change your console to a retail (via way of the downgrade).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ok my jb device is the tensy ++ 2.0 , do i need to first install the hex files on the devise, when i turn on the ps3 and i eject just like when i jb my retail ps3. do i need to insert my devise on the last usb drive on the ps3? do i turn the ps3 of from the back? and then turn it on and press eject ?

do i need to have a disk on the drive? because when i flash the hex file it still doesn't flash the hex.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes, check this post for the proper hex files, flash them to your Teensy 2.0++ using your computer, then turn the PS3 on with power and eject (with just the Teensy plugged in), it should then do its thing, and you can re-start the PS3 with the files on the USB drive and it will re-flash the PS3.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by xplatboy View Post
    If anyone can shed any light on this I would be greatly in your debt. Sorry for the long post especially as its my first but though too much detail would be better thasn not enough..
    hi there, could you elaborate what sort of apps you installed?

i have tested gaia manager 1.04 and playing a blu ray movie, both no problems at all, the limitations with a retail unit still exists. I am also confident to say PSN works if I upgrade to 3.55 (which Sony can dream on)
    haksam i put the lv2diag.self and the update pup file on my usb thumb drive but when i turn on my ps3 it just starts normal it doesnt take me to a black screen i tryed to put it in the last usb slot and still it wont read it did you just drop this file on the root of the usb or did you create folders for it?
    could you mention if you took all the steps from starcube? the guide isnt by me, its by starcube, I only added a few corrections on the last few steps and went more indepth as to what you should see.

read starcube's guide again, both the files need to be in root, fat32 format, no other files should be there and no folders. Also, when you said normal, is it in low resolution with black and white screen? (low resolution - the text is blur and everything is huge so the desktop is cut off at the edges of your lcdtv)

ok my jb device is the tensy ++ 2.0 , do i need to first install the hex files on the devise, when i turn on the ps3 and i eject just like when i jb my retail ps3. do i need to insert my devise on the last usb drive on the ps3?
    do i turn the ps3 of from the back? and then turn it on and press eject ?
    do i need to have a disk on the drive? because when i flash the hex file it still doesnt flash the hex.
    ok Back to Basics:

PSGrade is a NEW type of hex file that should replace your PSGroove hex file.
    PSGrade have only been released THIS WEEK. It is a NEW type of payload.
    PSGrade switches your PS 3 to Factory Service mode when you try to jailbreak your ps 3.

On your demo PS3, follow the instructions on HOW TO put it in standby mode.
    • flip switch at the back on, insert any CD, flip it off
    • flip it on and wait for blue light to blink 2-3 times, flip it off
    • insert the PSGrade usb stick into last slot and flip it on
    • press power button in front and eject until CD pops out
    • your kiosk PS 3 should auto shut down, switch it on again and it will be in Low Res mode
    • follow the rest of the guide
    Last edited by Haksam; 12-10-2010 at 12:38 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok now i flash the hex file and the ps3 wont turn on automatic with the back switch, but when it is on is not showing nothing on the screen.

do i now need to insert the usb drive with the files on it and turn the ps3 on?
    Last edited by ZCRISTIAN1980; 12-10-2010 at 01:06 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok now i flash the hex file and the ps3 wont turn on automatic with the back switch, but when it is on is not showing nothing on the screen.

do i now need to insert the usb drive with the files on it and turn the ps3 on?
    i'm confused as to where you are at right now, can you please tell me what steps have you taken so far in bullet form thanks.

did this happen after you jailbreak with psgrade? "The console will panic and shut down the first time. When you turn it back on your controller should desync and the resolution will be super low."

ZCRISTIAN1980: Ok i think starcube might have missed a few details, i'm sorry i overlooked that situation!

here goes, when you first put your demo unit on standby (flip switch on and only red light remain), it would have meant, the CD IS STILL INSIDE THE DRIVE.

when you first jailbreak with PSGrade stick, your DEMO PS3 should panic shut down, and your CD would have been ejected.
    now, before pressing power button on the front AGAIN, remove that CD, don't let it slide in, the disc drive SHOULD BE EMPTY
    (If the CD is still inside the drive, when you turn on again it will always be blank screen.)

you should be able to boot in to PS3 main menu with low res.
    Last edited by Haksam; 12-10-2010 at 01:49 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Big Grin

i got it to work guys, i am so happy, thank you so much.

Hi Haksam, I get the problem with any app at all. I have tried backup manager a number of open managers a few different ftp servers. Also tried gaia and multiman all with the same result of a black screen and PS3 not responding. Thanks

i am not exactly sure how you manage to run into this problem. Are you seeing these 2 options after JB?

/app_home/ps3_game/

install package files

can you load up psgrade hex file again and go into factory service mode and re-do everything again

make sure you complete the steps properly (especially the lv2diag.self from folder 1 then folder 2, it needs to be in this order)

when you wanna jailbreak after that, try using evilsperm's latest PL3 for your usb device, works flawlessly with gaia manager 1.04.

Yes when in jailbreak mode I have the /app_home/ps3_game/

install package files appears on the xmb under game icon. I am at work for a few hours yet but will try the entire procedure from scratch again when I get home.

I do get the same result no matter which payload I use and no matter which device I use. I have an E3 and x3max and a trusty AT90USB AVR too, these all give same result whether with PL3 or Hermes etc.

Anyway will try it all again when I get home but which device is recomended for most stable result?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News