Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hey guys... just so everyone knows i posted this tutorial at ps3news first before anyone else and gave permission to others to use... but ps3 news was the first place to get it. and this forum will be the only one i give any support in.

Quote Originally Posted by THCIV View Post
    It still does not unlock everything, however I believe that only the cecha series can do it. due to the others whom attempted not being able to downgrade past debug 2.15 I think it's due to them trying to install firmware that came out before there ps3 did therfore failing.

I also believe that firmware 1.0 or 1.5 must be installed first then reupgraded due to much smaller firmware that might have less restrictions.
    huh? everything seems unlocked to me o_O
    Last edited by starcube; 12-08-2010 at 09:23 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    From what i've been told the vsh gets upgraded to debug but most functions don't run. please tell me what debug firmware your on? 2.15 will install but not 3.41 and if anything works other than the swap x o which should work.

Can you downgrade to another debug? can you upgrade to another debug? I just converted my cecha01 to 1.50 debug and it refuses 3.41 debug 2.15 debug also refuses to install. Not what I'd call a full conversion now I have to hope I can get full retail back now.

Finally, it accepted 3.15 retail and no debug firmwares so unless you can upgrade/downgrade fdebug firmwares its not full. Also please let us know if install packages works
    Last edited by THCIV; 12-08-2010 at 12:15 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Can this work using the Ti-84+ versions? If so, are there any special files I need?

Not yet, as there is no TI-84 downgrade binary at the moment. Keep an eye on the PSGrade PS3 Downgrading Hex Codes link HERE, because when it becomes available it will be added there.

Thumbs Up

Great post starcube!! Thanks for sharing!!

After this process does the blu-ray player still work? Also, can the unit be upgraded to 3.5.5 and go online with psn and everything like a retail unit?

From what i've been told the vsh gets upgraded to debug but most functions don't run. please tell me what debug firmware your on? 2.15 will install but not 3.41 and if anything works other than the swap x o which should work.

Can you downgrade to another debug? can you upgrade to another debug? I just converted my cecha01 to 1.50 debug and it refuses 3.41 debug 2.15 debug also refuses to install. Not what I'd call a full conversion now I have to hope I can get full retail back now.

Finally, it accepted 3.15 retail and no debug firmwares so unless you can upgrade/downgrade fdebug firmwares its not full. Also please let us know if install packages works
    Are you saying that the debug functions don't work, or a lot of the normal retail functions are still locked? If PSN and theming works, I think a lot of us are going to be happy.

I have a crippled kiosk unit that I pulled the laser out of and I will be testing this as soon as I get home, assuming there's a working android payload and I can figure everything out.

Have you tested blu ray functionality starcube?

that's not the case, it runs as a full retail...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malax View Post
    Are you saying that the debug functions don't work, or a lot of the normal retail functions are still locked? If PSN and theming works, I think a lot of us are going to be happy.

I have a crippled kiosk unit that I pulled the laser out of and I will be testing this as soon as I get home, assuming there's a working android payload and I can figure everything out.

Have you tested blu ray functionality starcube?
    nope i only use MKVs and ps3 media server.
    Last edited by starcube; 12-08-2010 at 06:25 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Now what i can't wait for is: How to Turn PS3 Retail Consoles Into Full Debug with JailBreak

Quote Originally Posted by starcube View Post
    that's not the case, it runs as a full retail...

nope i only use MKVs and ps3 media server.
    have you tested all retail functionality? everything is good?

also , these demo units do not have psn access even if updated to latest firmware , correct?

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News