Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Is the Jailbreaked Retail able to access PSN?

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ajsd34 View Post
    My system was 3.21 demo. I upgraded to 3.41 demo and then to 3.50 demo. From there I was able to JB and downgraded to the Modified 3.41. Then I JB again and went to 3.15 retail then did normal upgrades to 3.41 retail and now am at 3.50 retail.
    I am just wondering if this hack will blacklist my demo model from using the PSN? I would really like to get full retail but I also want to remain able to chat online with friends. I have to know this before I can use this guide.

Thanks so much for your reply.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    A quick question: Are DEMO models available for sale cheaper than the original PS3 ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It depends, sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't- really depends on the seller, and if they know that the box can be converted or not.

Ok, If anyone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. I have read this guide, but I'm not so sure about the up/down grading part of it especially when it relates to breaking blu-ray play back.

I have 2 kiosk units. One is on demo firmware 2.30 and the other on 2.50. I also have a ti-84+ silver and an iphone (original). I'm thinking it would probably be easier with my calculator.

I want to simply switch these to retail. Upping the firmware isn't important to me other than maybe on one of them to make sure that I can sign into psn and play online with it before selling it, unless someone can promise me that it would do that so that I can make that same promise to whoever I sell it to. (I have no interest in playing online but others usually do).

Thanks again in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by morchus View Post
    A quick question: Are DEMO models available for sale cheaper than the original PS3 ?
    they were definitely cheaper and bargainable before this exploit existed, now is a matter of whether the seller knows about it or not, nonetheless, the more people start converting the demo units, they will almost be non-existent for sale if ya know what i mean
    Quote Originally Posted by 2tailedfox View Post
    Ok, If anyone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. I have read this guide, but I'm not so sure about the up/down grading part of it especially when it relates to breaking blu-ray play back.

I have 2 kiosk units. One is on demo firmware 2.30 and the other on 2.50. I also have a ti-84+ silver and an iphone (original). I'm thinking it would probably be easier with my calculator.

I want to simply switch these to retail. Upping the firmware isn't important to me other than maybe on one of them to make sure that I can sign into psn and play online with it before selling it, unless someone can promise me that it would do that so that I can make that same promise to whoever I sell it to. (I have no interest in playing online but others usually do).
    yes you can,

-> make sure psgrade exists for your TI device, if theres no .hex out there that works, you'll need a teensy or other compatible boards.
    -> do not perform 3.55 demo firmware upgrade or you can kiss your demo console goodbye
    -> jump from 2.30 or 2.50 to the modified 3.41 pup should be fine, you will end up with 3.41 retail with no BD playback problems.
    -> from there, updating to 3.55 retail will enable PSN definitely.

What is the 'modified' 3.41 pup? Isn't the 'modified' part what helps cause the blu-ray issues?

Thanks again, It's good to have those steps outlined like that clearly.

Couldn't I just use psgrade to go to 3.15 official pup?

I'm not 100% sure, but i think that there is only a BD problem when you downgrade from 3.50 to 3.41.

I'd really like to be able to set it to 3.15 retail, because it is pre-otherOS removal, and has jail break payloads if I'm not mistaken. Any way to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by 2tailedfox View Post
    I'd really like to be able to set it to 3.15 retail, because it is pre-otherOS removal, and has jail break payloads if I'm not mistaken. Any way to do it?
    i am not sure if you can convert to retail using the normal 3.15 pup (only had one demo unit to test).

if you are a risktaker, you can test it for us

anyway, lets say you took the normal root in the guide, jump to 3.41 retail, if you decide to downgrade to 3.15, it SHOULD NOT break BD playback. There's plenty of guides on how to downgrade from 3.xx to 3.xx so i'll let that to you.

remember the basics - 3.50 -> to anything lower has a chance to break BD.

no idea why you would bother with 3.15 though, linux OS is definitely coming for 3.41 for phat and slims as outlined by team fail0verflow.
    Last edited by Haksam; 12-31-2010 at 01:38 PM

I wanted it in there just in case my buyer wanted it. Turns out he didn't. I followed the guide on page 1 so now they are both on 3.41 (modified?). He has the one I sold him, but I have mine. I didn't test blu-ray because I don't have any movies, but the netflix disc seems to work. now I just need to resolder on the optical audio jack on mine. I only paid $100 each for them

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News