Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

How to Turn a Kiosk into Retail PS3 Without Downgrade via Acid CFW

Sponsored Links
    I have been experementing with the new alejandro program which allows us to write files into the dev_flash so i thought what if i can turn my 3.41 kiosk unit into retail without actually downgrading. So i went off and copied over the vsh from acidcfw and pasted it into the the original vsh unit viola i had an 3.41acidcfw. Just to be on the safe side i flashed the original 3.41 to check if it had actually worked and guess what it worked!

1. Download ACIDCFW
    2. Install Mount Alejandro
    3. Mount the dev_flash using Mount Alejandro
    4. Put ACIDCFW into the usb pendrive
    5. Download Comgenie’s Awesome Filemanager
    6. Put it in the pendrive
    7. Load Awesomefilemanager
    8. Copy and paste the vsh into dev_flash make sure you replace all the files.
    9. Restart PS3 and you have ACIDCFW

Optional 10 (to make it fully retail)
    10. Put the ps3 3.41 file inside PS3/UPDATE
    11. Power up ps3 in recovery mode.
    12. Update it to the retail 3.41 using recovery manager.
    13. You have turned it into retail well done icon biggrin Turn Kiosk PS3 into Retail PS3 without downgrade .

Tested by Nev and tutorial brought to you by kbx.org/tutorials/turn-kiosk-ps3-into-retail-ps3-without-downgrade/
    Last edited by Dotz; 12-14-2010 at 10:17 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cool beans, but I'd personally just use the code

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thats reall great. Nice work also to JaiCraB and ps3mrenigma.

Yea but what if you don't have access to the keys and don't want to search for it or don't have time to search for.

I have now moved this to the guides section, and +Rep Dotz for sharing it!

could someone explain me what it means to turn "a kiosk into retail" ? (and what is a kiosk in the first place)

Simple.. When you goto your local Supermarket and see a PS3 on display for people to play with (normally on it's own custom built stand) that is a Kiosk unit.

It is a full PS3, but was disabled somewhat to stop people hogging it, and was limited to what it could be used for, ie: no psn, themes and a few other annoyances.

This takes it from the semi-disabled mode, and turns it back into a full blown PS3.

so i could make a demo ps3 a retail then update to 3.55 and be legit?

Quote Originally Posted by gumbie View Post
    Simple.. When you goto your local Supermarket and see a PS3 on display for people to play with (normally on it's own custom built stand) that is a Kiosk unit.

It is a full PS3, but was disabled somewhat to stop people hogging it, and was limited to what it could be used for, ie: no psn, themes and a few other annoyances.

This takes it from the semi-disabled mode, and turns it back into a full blown PS3.
    oh i see, thanks for the explaination.

kiosk ps3s are given by Sony directly for retailers to let the customers try them out before plopping the cash on the table for a new one in the store room.

they were not meant for sale but this doesn't stop a few of them from slipping away, especially when most of the retailers shut down last year.

Cool beans, but I'd personally just use the code.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast