Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

How to Setup PS3 FTP via LAN Cable Directly to PC

Sponsored Links
    I did not write this, but for people hooking up to a ps3 using a cat 5 cable it is a good guide.

FTP Setup Guide

Something i had some hassle myself setting up, thought I'd share it out to all the newbies.

Information

This guide will show you how to set up your PS3 to FTP directly with your pc via a LAN cable with no router inbetween and not allowing it to access the internet at the same time so Sony can't communicate with your PS3. A Crossover cable is not required, just a standard Cat5 or Cat6 Ethernet cable is needed.

Equipment

- PS3 [3.15/3.41/3.55 - jail-broken]
    - FTP App [BlackBox FTP 1.2 recommended]
    - Computer with Ethernet LAN Port
    - FTP Client [FlashFXP, Filezilla]
    - Ethernet Cable

Step 1 - Computer Setup

Windows 7

Go to "Control Panel" and under "Network and Internet" click "View network status and tasks" To open "Network and Sharing Center". On the left side panel click "Change adapter settings". Identify which device is the LAN port you will be using, right click on it and select "properties". Click on the item "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" then click the button "Properties". Click "Use the following IP address:" and "Use the following DNS server addresses:"

Windows XP

Go to the start menu and hover over "Connect to". Select "Show all connections". Identify which device is the LAN port you will be using, right click on it and select "properties". Click on the item "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" then click the button "Properties". Click "Use the following IP address:" and "Use the following DNS server addresses:"

Fill out the box so it appears as below:

Click use the following ip address:

ip address= 10.1.1.1
    Subnet mask = 255.255.255.0
    Default gateway = 10.1.1.1

Click Use the following DNS server address:

Preferred DNS server = 10.1.1.0

Alternate DNS server = 10.1.1.10

Step 2 - PS3 Setup

Go to the settings tab on the XMB, then select "Network Settings" followed by "Internet Connection Settings". Push ok on the prompt and select "Custom", "Wired Connection", "Auto-Detect" then "Manual". Fill out the form as follows.

IP Address 10.1.1.2
    Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
    Defualt Router 10.1.1.0
    Primary DNS 10.1.1.0
    Secondary DNS 10.1.1.10

Select "Automatic", "Do Not Use" and "enable". Push X to save the settings. Test connection to verify you can acquire an IP Address. Internet Connection should fail.

Open your FTP Sever on your PS3. I prefer BlackB0x FTP 1.2, but you can use MultiMAN or other types if you wish. It should tell you your IP Address is 10.1.1.2.

Step 3 - FTP

Open your FTP client and type in your PS3 IP (10.1.1.2) and make sure its on Port 21. IF you used a FTP server other than BlackB0x FTP 1.2, check if it needs credentials to work. Connect and begin transferring. Speeds should be very high as your connected directly to your PS3.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi, I did exactly the same but it does not establish a connection, My blackbox FTP does say that IP on PS3 but still cant, more help will be appreciated. thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    you need to you a crossover cable not ethernet.

When i set this up, i didn't use anything but a cat 5 cable. And it worked great. What kind of computer are you using and what ps3 version are you using? Thanks

if you have 10/100 ethernet you probibly need a crossover cord, newer pc's with 10/100/1000 usually are the ones that can handle the crossover itself.. there are exceptions.

Question

what about MAC users?

I see no reason why it wouldnt work on a mac, just make sure you have a proper ftp program and try it out.

I used a cat cable and it worked great also, thank you for posting this it was quick as well.

Used Crossover cable Cat5e - works perfect, nice guide !

Did just like mentioned conected but when transfering got this: Could not write to transfer socket: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted
    help please

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast