Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Post How to Run NES/Atari 2600 Games with Sound and without Linux

Sponsored Links
    This basically is the same method used to boot SNES Station/PGEN via SwapMagic Disc which is detailed HERE or HERE.

Required Files:

NES (FCEUltra) PS2 Emulator: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=15729

Atari 2600 PS2 Emulator: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=15730

More Untested PS2 Emulators: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/pc-gen...s-ps2-451.html

Video: [Register or Login to view links]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I just wanted to report that these 2 emulators are not working on the PAL 60gb models. If anybody has the 80gb NTSC model(the ps2 compatible one) and could test it, it would help to determine if the problem is a PAL/NTSC issue, although I suspect the problem is the lack of the EE chip. I think because of the way theyŽre coded, these 2 emus require a ps3 with full ps2 BC.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This was bugging me that these emus didnŽt work on Pal 60gb and IŽm also certain it didnŽt work on the 80gb ps2 compatible ps3. Sure the emus require missing modules but since Psxloader handles the loading of this missing modules it should work the same on both.

Sure enough the problem is the missing EE chip and the coding being done on that side. IŽve managed to track down the problem on some of the code. So whatŽs the point?

Unfortunately, FCEultra is beyond my feeble programming capabilties to fix but at least everyone will be able to run PVCS on a ps2compatible ps3 without using psxloader. on my mission to get more ps2homebrew working on the ps3, Ive also worked out the problem(s) with PSMS the Sega Master system emu.

IŽll post them up on the main tutorial page for ps2 emus for the ps3, soon.
    lol, I know no one cares but IŽll post them anyway.

Sponsored Links

Cool

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by aries2k6 View Post
    IŽll post them up on the main tutorial page for ps2 emus for the ps3, soon. lol, I know no one cares but IŽll post them anyway.
    Well I do, and it's great for archival purposes too and +Rep! Another thing I have read (on mc) you are handy with is converting saves for PS3... if you ever had time to do a little guide on that I am sure it would be welcomed by many here too!

Hi,
    I donŽt want you to think I took the Rep and ran off

IŽve just had a busy week and I was also trying to get 1 more ps2 homebrew working, but without luck.
    Sure, I can write up a guide for converting ps2 saves for the ps3. iŽm not that great at tutorials but thereŽs not all that much to it.

IŽve got some free time tomorrow so IŽll get those things posted.
    bye

Riddle me this?

Being completely new to hacking or liberating the PS3... It there a thread that is a basic how to for all the core things needed? I would like to install linux and use the hard drive to boot all my rom for the emu, similar as a PSP is. Is there a yoda in the group who will help unlearn what i have learned?

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News