Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiasnikoff View Post
    how can I get the swap magic disc for this tutorial??
    Well, Iīm not sure if Ps3news have a site they would want to recommend but you can go to SwapMagic3.com to find a list of vendors.

@ghendrickson04
    I tried Micro Machines on Pgen on party mode because it supports multiple players but it wouldnīt accept the controllers. Iīm not sure if this is because of they way you have to reset the controller everytime you go into ps2mode.

Then again I donīt have the multitap so Iī, not sure if it supports multiple players even on the ps2

Sponsored Links

Pen drive...

Sponsored Links
    I buy pen drive PNY 1GB Mini for ebay.com and I waiting. When it's arrive i post the results, thx.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Awesome tutorial. Thx!

thanks

thanks for the guide, it really helped me.

Quote Originally Posted by leonidas26 View Post
    If your setup is right, you should be able to browse to your usb device and choose the roms from wherever. you need the usb versions of the emus. Iīm not sure if that is what you are using but if you donīt have the option to choose where to select the roms, your probably using the cd version. you can also put your roms on the vmcīs if your having problems through usb.
    I'm using Swap Magic 3.6 and everything went smooth at first untill I opened up the SNES emulator and it would not let me browse for roms. I was able to find a different usb version of the emulator online and I switched out the elf file. it worked perfect the first time. I could browse my usb drive and play games.

I shut it off for a while, added a few more roms to the drive and now they will not load up at all. I can find them but after I try to load them nothing happens. Im not sure what I did wrong. I will go over everything and post if I find a solution but does anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydog13lt View Post
    I'm using Swap Magic 3.6 and everything went smooth at first untill I opened up the SNES emulator and it would not let me browse for roms. I was able to find a different usb version of the emulator online and I switched out the elf file. it worked perfect the first time. I could browse my usb drive and play games.

I shut it off for a while, added a few more roms to the drive and now they will not load up at all. I can find them but after I try to load them nothing happens. Im not sure what I did wrong. I will go over everything and post if I find a solution but does anyone else have this problem?
    Ok I made a new virtual ps2 memory card and tried to start all over. I know im a newbee to posting on here but I have done numerous modes to my psp ps2 and ps3 without any problems till now.

after redoing this whole process (using my psp so there are no usb pen drive compatability problems) i am now unable to start the snes emulator. the sega emulator works fine though. I have the latest firmware 2.53 with a 500gb hd. Im now going to reformat my drives, delete my virtual memory card and start over once again. this is frustrating me because I was able to play it the very 1st time. I just wanna play some mario kart lol

Quote Originally Posted by jaydog13lt View Post
    I just wanna play some mario kart lol
    update: Ok after redoing everything for the 10th time... i guess the problem was with using the psp as a usb drive. I tried using an 8gb seagate usb drive and everything is working now. I thought the psp was said to be compatible but I guess not for me...? I still can not play games off the usb though. I click on it to load but it just opens it up like it is a folder. I can put them on the virtual memory card and play them fine though. Thats good enough for me untill I find a solution.
    Last edited by jaydog13lt; 01-10-2009 at 01:23 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@jaydog13lt
    This problem has happened to many users. I also had this problem along time ago. I think some files in the download package are corrupted.Iīm not exactly sure whatīs causing the problem but Iīm confident we can resolve it.

I donīt think the problem is the usb device especially the psp

1st, make sure you have the right snes elf. it should be the snes_usb 0.2.4 version. Now I really think the problem is file corruption. Delete the config.dat file that you have in the psxloader folder. Also delete the BOOT.IMG that is inside the B?DATA-SYSTEM folder. Restart psxloader, it will creat a new boot.img and confg.dat files. you will have to go to the select menu on psxloader and select the right options again for the 1st time you load the elfs.

Hopefully that fixed the problem. another thing that could be causing the corruption is the lack of an icon in the bedata folder. Iīm guessing you donīt have one and that folder shows up as corrupt data in the XMB? Iīm not sure if that causes corruption but I did have problems with both Guitarfun and keylauncher files getting corrupted. If your still having problems you might want to make a new vmc, backup the elfs you need and delete everything from you usb. download the easy psxloader setup package.

@EVERYBODY just starting out for the 1st time or having problems

Easy psxloader setup
    The readme is included but here it is:

1.Copy these 3 folders to your pendrive.
    Smboot0 is uLaunch.elf. Smboot2 is psxloader. The supplied usbd.irx is from Launch.elf 3.41
    You still need to put the 3 ps2bios files(libsd, xmcman,xmcserv) inside the module folder for psxloader

2.Boot SwapMagic and start Smboot0(uLaunch). uLaunch uses the circle button to accept and the cross button to cancel.
    Ok, once uLaunch boots up, go to FileBrowser and press circle.
    Go to :mass and press circle. thatīs your usb device.
    select the folder BADATA-SYSTEM(for USA ps3) or BEDATA-SYSTEM(Europe, pal ps3) and press R1.
    The small option menu will pop-up. Select COPY.
    Goto mc:0 and press circle to enter the memory card.
    Press R1 again, select the option McPaste and press circle. This will copy the needed folder into the memory card.
    you can delete it after from your pendrive. you only need it on the memcard.

Thatīs it. your ready for psxloader.

3. Restart Swapmagic and select SMBOOT2.
    this will start psxloader. you should see the elfs that you have in the psxloader folder.
    goto snes.elf and hit the SELECT button for the psxloader option menu.
    option D for SNES and F for PGEN.

You can make folders on your usb to put the roms in. once youīve started the emulator you should be able to
    select the roms from the pendrive. you can also put them on the memorycard.
    thatīs about it. good luck.

This turned out to be a long post so Iīll be back in a bit with more ps2homebrew.
    Attached Files Attached Files

yea seen this on youtube a while back, gutted i haven't got a swap magic 3.6, but also on youtube theres a video that shows u can play psx and ps2 games on the 40gb model using this same method with swap magic, but i've got a 60gb so no worries there

@adshead. good thing youīve got the 60gb because this method wonīt work on the 40gb model for ps2 games and definately not for psx games.

Thereīs a few topics about running emulators but they all talk about psxloader but thatīs not the only way to run emulators or ps2 homebrew. Psxloader is only needed if the app uses ps2 bios files that arenīt included in the ps2/ps3 bios. mainly the newer modules like the Xmodules.

You can load alot things directly by placing them in the SWAPMAGIC folder or by using a launcher aplication. Those of you who already had this running had used Launch.elf 3.41. You could use that app to launch elfs but itīs a little outdated. Iīve compiled uLaunch.elf 4.30 with working usb drivers. Itīs easier to use and has some extra functions.

Emulators you can use without psxloader

Neogeo cd
    To use make a folder named CD inside the folder with the neogeo elf. You have to extract all the files from the game image(iso) and place inside the CD folder. You can delete the mp3.files because you cant use them. you also need the neogeo cd bios inside the folder with the elf file.

Wonderstation(wonderswan) emulator and the Vectrex (vecxps2) emulators
    You can get these 3 emus here http://www.ps3news.com/forums/pc-gen...s-ps2-451.html

Although pvcs_reloaded(atari2600) was reported working with psxloader on the 60gb NTSC model it wasnīt working on ps3īs with only partial ps2 compatibilty.

Iīve recompiled a version (1.3) that works on all models. Thanks to hermes and Ifcaro for the idea of replacing with modules from the scene and thanks to Lukaz for the updated freesd.irx

This version doesnīt have usb support so you have to make a folder called ROMS on your vmc and place the roms there in .bin format. Check the list for the proper rom names. After starting the emu, navigate to the rom folder on the mc and quickly tap the X button to see the roms. if you hold the X button to long it will loop back to the mc root directory. You can also use the official BD remote as a controller with this emulator

Iīve also got the psms_reloaded (sega master-system) emulator working on the ps3. This one does have usb support so you can use that or the vmc. Since we canīt use the hdd on the ps3 I removed those drivers. Donīt try to open the hdd folder or the emulator will crash. You can also use the official BD remote as a controller with this emulator

Thatīs it for now. Iīve been busting my butt trying to get any ps2 port of Doom running on the ps3 but so far no luck.
    Attached Files Attached Files

excellent and thanks!

Thanks!! helped me out a lot ^^

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News