Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I am not really sure if it is from the drive. But anyway, i put the drive back into ps3 without the upper part and there for the drive goes after a eject back to start position.

So i put the rest togehter and now it works fine but it does not recognize any disk.Drive is reading and spinning and i could see the blue laser as the upper part was not on drive. Also i tried to restore the file system but no success.

And i tryed to re seat the laser but it doesnt help.
    Last edited by cfwprophet; 01-30-2009 at 09:45 PM

Sponsored Links

Exclamation

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRISRYAN View Post
    i did this and broke the cable that runs from the sensor on the top to the circuit board on the bottom im also having problems with the drive when its back together.. it wont raise the disc up to spin it the motor is spinning but the disk isnot raised, so is this down to the cable or have i gone wrong somewhere else as well?
    relay i did this step by step and my ps3 works fine.. try and go back and check all the steps make sure u didn't miss conection or etc.

Sponsored Links

Fantastic stuff, but slightly wrong. I have 40gb with 1 laser

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by THE IT GUY View Post
    na you probably are not doing it right... (system off) hold the power button until the ps3 turns on (keep holding the button) and then the ps3 will beep and turn off. Now release the power button and then hold the power button again and do not let go until you hear a double beep. it will always take 2 trys like this.
    Thanks for your guidance I've never heard of the double beep trick til now!

However im still stuck its strange after doing the double beep trick I can watch normal dvds, but sf4! still wont load. :-(

ps3 laser

nice tutorial. i got mine done today

Thank you for posting this useful write-up.

The It Guy??

Hi THE IT GUY, If your around?

I have a 40gb model from new bought from GAME purchase in Late DEC 2007. But I beleive I have a single Laser the Kes-400a? If im correct then I find it Strange that it will read normal dvds and audio cds, but not bluray (+games) I get the spinning icon in the top right, but no load! My main fear is if its a solution to buy a new kes-400a whether this will solve the problem or not?

thanks

I have replaced my PS3 BD laser lens [kes-400a] and I am still having problems loading my PS3 games. are there any other suggestions on how to fix this issue?

My PS3 is the 60gb version and it will play standard cd's and DVD's...just not the PS3 games nor Blu-ray movies

Any suggestions would greatly help.

i have two ps3's not reading the discs. i opened 60gb model and realised that disc is not spinning. i can see the the laser emits red light a few times, but it does not spin the disc. i have been searching and reading for a few days. i had experienced with a few ps2's the same problem.

i thought the lens was dead. but it was the ic board unit (controlling the motor) not working and technical service changed it. i think this may be the same thing and changing the laser may not solve my problem. i'll bring them to technical service and see. i'll post the result here. this may save people buying lasers while it is not a laser problem.
    Last edited by ps3c; 03-11-2009 at 09:10 AM

Do you work at Sony?

Quote Originally Posted by ps3c View Post
    i have two ps3's not reading the discs. i opened 60gb model and realised that disc is not spinning. i can see the the laser emits red light a few times, but it does not spin the disc. i have been searching and reading for a few days. i had experienced with a few ps2's the same problem.

i thought the lens was dead. but it was the ic board unit (controlling the motor) not working and technical service changed it. i think this may be the same thing and changing the laser may not solve my problem. i'll bring them to technical service and see. i'll post the result here. this may save people buying lasers while it is not a laser problem.
    What do you mean by take it "to technical service". Do you work at Sony? You just can't give them your PS3 after you have opened it up. I found out that they will confiscate your PS3 if they find out that you have tried to mess with it. At least that is what they told me when they asked me to send my PS3 unit in after I told them that my PS3 was not playing Sega Genesis Ultimate Collection.

Turns out the disk itself was bad. Never loaded on my PS3 and got a replacement for it that did load in a heartbeat. I was about to send it in but the thought of them keeping my PS3 held me back and had me trying to see if it was the disk. I'm glad I didn't send it in because they would have seen that I had already replaced the security screw with a standard screw. A clear giveaway.

If I'm ever in a jam, where can I send in my unit without it being confiscated? Where is this technical service you mentioned? Could we also send in our units to that same department for service?

ps3's are out of warranty. i will not send them to sony's technical service (i didn't ever before). the service that i mention make console repairs and modding commercially. i'll bring them personally and see what the problem is. i will write it here if it is not a laser problem. i have read in the forums that some people fixed the problem by changing the laser and some couldn't.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News