Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Exclamation How to Prevent Your PS3 from Being Banned for Homebrew

Sponsored Links
    There have been quite a few articles about possible things that Sony could end up doing to try and stop PS3 homebrew, and here are all the potential solutions I have noticed thus far.

PS3's will start sending a recently played list to check for homebrew titles / flagged names:

Pretty obvious solution here. Just start naming the homebrews after currently existing titles, Or titles of bad games. Such as we can take the game name / BLUS for the game FLOCK (worst game ever that nobody will play) and install a master manager under that name.

So while it looks like everyone is playing FLOCK, We will actually be using a multimanager for FTP's, Backups, and Emulators.

Sony disabling update by USB in the next patch:

There are a few options we can take if we end up accidentally getting hit with this.

For people who update and can no longer install from usb:

Either the firmware will need a pre-installed pkg manager with firmware update options, Or they will have to do a dnas redirect to their computer to check for an update.

For people who have not updated to the new firmware that disables it:

Download the firmware and simply patch the firmware to alter the USB access as well so it does not get disabled to begin with!

Sub-level secondary key-signing program:

Well. in this sense, We would be absolutely screwed. If we were to install the firmware, Even with a pkg signer, We wouldn't be able to do a thing.

We would simply have to hope that someone would notice it uses a secondary keysign, find it in the firmware, and remove it before it becomes a problem.

How to truly help everyone there is for future firmwares:

We need a program with a GUI for firmware patching, Yeah I know one is out already, But it needs more OPTIONS! Options people!!!

We need a windows / linux firmware patcher with a GUI featuring the following options in the form of checkboxes.
    • Level 1 patching
    • Level 2 patching
    • Level 3 patching
    • Install PKG File option
    • Update from USB option
    • Playstation store links in VIDEO tab
    • Playstation store links in GAME tab
    • Check for firmware update on network connection establish

I am certain a gui windows / linux auto-patcher for all current firmwares would be WONDERFUL and would probably make the world a happier place.

Hell, I don't know of a single person who wouldn't want these options for an autopatcher.

Oh, And someone hurry up and figure out the npdrm so we can get an autopatcher for EBOOT's that works.

How to Prevent Your PS3 from Being Banned for Homebrew

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    how about, just disabling the ps3 on boot up to connect to sonys servers, and just connect directly to PSN... OR... for the console (upon boot up once more) to generate a random game-boot log to send to sonys servers.

or if the console / account does become banned, change the consoles ID to a random key upon boot up.

personally i think the accounts will be banned before the console, due to people working hard for trophies then getting done up the arse harddd from sony for jailbreaking.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    the easiest way is to stay online till there is a custom network.

I just go online and risk the ban lol, when the CFW is released, i'm still on 3.41 because you can't use BM managers on 3.55

I don't think that is possible o.0

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo111 View Post
    or if the console / account does become banned, change the consoles ID to a random key upon boot up.
    uh... care to elaborate how? << I would love to get one of the PS3`s here unbanned.

I don't think Sony is going to put out a ban like this. I just think they are working on a better console for next time.

I moved these ideas/tips to our guides section and promoted it to the main page so that others can join in the discussion.

+Rep also SexyVampiire for taking the time to assess the current situation and share your thoughts and feedback on it.

Wouldn't banning consoles also mean interruption/disruption of other services like Netflix and Hulu? Wouldn't that be a very bad idea for Sony to mingle in the affairs and revenue of these companies?

If and or when the bans happen, I'm sure it will hit the interwebs like a disease and I'll deal with it then.

Cannot say with certainty, but have some doubt that Sony will disable USB firmware update option. Because even though Sony has pretty much got themselves covered for the events that if your system is bricked or damaged while updating the firmware, but if they enforce updating firmware by Internet, problem of unsuccessful firmware updates and other related complaints could be massive.

More people are getting broadband access but Internet is still fragile, one simple communication error between server and PS3 could mean disaster. And Sony's servers are not exactly very reliable. Have read fair amounts of firmware being successfully downloaded with PS3 but still end up with error while trying to install them. So unless they do additional checks to ensure firmware is okay, enforcing Internet only firmware update is probably not happening yet.

Either way, in part, Sony can blame themselves for telling people what they want instead of listening to what people want. It is still happening and Sony is just too stubborn.

I hope someone takes your suggestion and fakes the id of the game however most of us already have "bad" ids stored on our system I hope there is a fix for that.

I have a 3.15 Fat ps3 that as soon as I started Jailbreaking changed its network settings so that it could only connect to my pc for tversity. I'm really hoping some brilliant programmer finds a way.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News