Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Spoofing homebrew by renaming it is a ridiculous idea there's absolutely no reason think that sony won't just check a file / folder list (not currently implemented but very simply added through an update to PSN on the server side) on the PS3 to ban consoles.

If you want to play online get a legit PS3 with no homebrew. homebrew will ALWAYS be detectable by Sony if you're connecting to their servers no amount of "renaming" will hide it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    changing the name to a particular name wont work since they will end up drawing attention more to that title, updates will come to it. Also trophies will be earned for games it looks like your not playing. this is also why randomizing wont work either. the backup managers need to hide their name while displaying the name of the game that's playing.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    All the backup manager does is remount the game to the bluray drive. Sometimes it can launch directly, but regardless the PS3 still reports which game you are playing once launched, even if it's from the BM.

Why not just make the log file read only? it will still be able to upload to psn but would not be able to log what you are doing.

right on! I am pleased that I can play my nes/snes/gba games again and this time with a cordless controller!

Quote Originally Posted by siacotos View Post
    Why not just make the log file read only? it will still be able to upload to psn but would not be able to log what you are doing.
    That actually seems like a pretty sweet idea. i'd be interested in knowing if its possible to block the comm altogether. Prevent the ps3 from sending the list in the first place?

too little too late for 99% of users.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjanutta2 View Post
    whoever says they don't console ban is full of it, i've had a console ban from sony a couple of years ago for gamesharing, be under no illusions that they will not do this for hacking.
    Don't be silly. If that's the case where are the flooding reports of others who have been banned for game sharing? Not to mention the fact that I've had a game share account for over 2 years with no issues.

How does the banning process work? Is it like the 360? Do they flag you then release the banned hammer? if you plug it in you are at risk.

How about killing the sending log file functions ?! I thought console is open... lets do it.

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News