Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by skribblenauts View Post
    Wouldn't banning consoles also mean interruption/disruption of other services like Netflix and Hulu? Wouldn't that be a very bad idea for Sony to mingle in the affairs and revenue of these companies?

If and or when the bans happen, I'm sure it will hit the interwebs like a disease and I'll deal with it then.
    Not really. Most people who pirate games aren't buying Netflix or Hulu either

Microsoft has several services you may only get with an unbanned console. NetFlix isn't complaining about the 1 million banned consoles in 2009.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How about instead of trying not to get banned we wait and see what $ony do. So far there are no banned PS3s, no banned PSPs and I've said multiple times they cant ban any of their consoles due to the way it updates its firmware.

They won't and can't ban consoles so why even bother with trying to not get banned. It's illegal if they do.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm pretty sure they have banned PS3s, just not for jailbreaking.

whoever says they don't console ban is full of it, i've had a console ban from sony a couple of years ago for gamesharing, be under no illusions that they will not do this for hacking.

i know i've seen a hack that allows you to change your PS3's id. don't remember where or if it works but i've seen it.

just an innocent stupid question, is it possible for Sony to 'remotely' ban your ps3 console and you don't even have an internet connection?! excuse my ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I moved these ideas/tips to our guides section and promoted it to the main page so that others can join in the discussion.

+Rep also SexyVampiire for taking the time to assess the current situation and share your thoughts and feedback on it.
    Wow o.o That's a surprise, Thanks a ton! I would kill to see some of this stuff brought out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jes03 View Post
    How about instead of trying not to get banned we wait and see what $ony do. So far there are no banned PS3s, no banned PSPs and I've said multiple times they cant ban any of their consoles due to the way it updates its firmware.

They won't and can't ban consoles so why even bother with trying to not get banned. It's illegal if they do.
    I never said we had to do any of this, This is just a look into the future after thinking "If I were sony, What would I do to get rid of homebrewers with the next firmware"

these are just things to keep a lookout for and possibly take a look into just as some pre-emptive protection. like on those advertisements on tv where they show a car wreck and go "This is not the time to get insurance. NOW IS THE TIME!"

And...I personally have had a console banned. So...They do ban them.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnXuthoriXeD View Post
    i know iv seen a hack on one of these sites that alows u to change your PS3s id. dont remember where or if it works but iv seen it.
    You probably saw the "Nickname" option on the japanese playstation network.

It MIGHT be possible to use an FTP to import settings from a japanese account over to your other region one to implement a nickname, But, Doubt it would be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by bonetoke View Post
    just an innocent stupid question, is it possible for Sony to 'remotely' ban your ps3 console and you don't even have an internet connection?! excuse my ignorance
    As long as your console is disconnected from the internet, Sony has absolutely no say in what you choose to do with it.

You dont connect to the net, You dont create a PSN account, And therefore, you didnt click accept on the ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyVampiire View Post
    Pretty obvious solution here. Just start naming the homebrews after currently existing titles, Or titles of bad games. Such as we can take the game name / BLUS for the game FLOCK (worst game ever that nobody will play) and install a master manager under that name.

So while it looks like everyone is playing FLOCK, We will actually be using a multimanager for FTP's, Backups, and Emulators.
    That's a pretty horrible idea. Hmmm... large numbers of people suddenly playing the same game for no apparent reason would raise no flags?

Not to mention that FLOCK is actually a fun game. I can think of a pretty significant number of games that are far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by d3adliner View Post
    Hmmm... large numbers of people suddenly playing the same game for no apparent reason would raise no flags?
    While I agree it would probably raise some flags, I don't suspect Sony would end up blocking all "FLOCK" users (for example) as this would affect the legitimate/non-homebrew users too... maybe they would implement some type of hash/size check though, which would then be spoof'd- cat and mouse game.

Quote Originally Posted by bonetoke View Post
    No i think not, you'll always be connected to the internet through your home.

You just "in theory" won't be able to login in PSN.

edit: 19 min delay lol
    Last edited by aXaXin; 01-13-2011 at 06:39 AM

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News