Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Cool How to Port / Convert Plain Payload Files for USB JailBreak Dongles

Sponsored Links
    How to Port / Convert Plain Payload Files (Without Extension) for USB JailBreak Dongles

I have obtained a PS Jailbreaker (PS Jailbreak clone) that supports flashing with psgroove bins. I really wanted to flash it with either hermes v4 or kakaroto pl3 payload, to be able to update my games. The flasher provided with the dongle supported .bin files, so I thought I could do that!

Note: You have to use gaia manager for kakaroto's PL3 payload, open manager 1.17 won't work.

Anyone interested, please follow the following steps:

1. download the payload you need (I downloaded a payload pack including all hermes' and kakaroto's payloads from a thread in ps3news - included in my thread, too).
    2. download a hex editor
    3. open the payload file in the hex editor the file should begin with "00 00 00 00 00 00 FA CE B0 ..." insert the following hex string before that (on the very beginning) "09 02 12 00 01 00 00 80 FA 09 04 00 00 00 FE 01 02 00" the next step is to delete the extra "00" on the end of the file to maintain the right size, in order to work. Go to the end of the file and find the adress "EFF". That should be the lash byte of information on the file. Delete anything beyond that byte.
    4. save the file with the extension .bin (eg: payload.bin).
    5. Flash it on the dongle and run it on the console as always!

I have included two screenshots to make it easier.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

insert_hex_string.jpg   delete_string_on_end.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the guide Dominator7! +Rep and I have also added it to our PS3 Hacks Sticky thread HERE.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I forgot to mention something important! You have to use gaia manager for kakaroto's PL3 payload, open manager 1.17 won't work.

Also, after I booted my PS3, although it was jailbroken, it kept notifing me that an unknown usb device has been inserted. So, I just pulled the dongle out! The jailbreak works anyway!

It's mentioned, but I would like to say it again!

OK, I added your NOTE to the first post and Thanks again!

Thumbs Up

Found this a little earlier... but good you wrote a n00b proof how to! +Rep! =3

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News