Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up How to Play PS3 Games with Files Over 4GB Without FTP

Sponsored Links
    What you will need (Other than your External USB drive)

PC:
    split4g.exe - http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=22194

PS3:
    MultiMAN Manager/Open Manager

Step 1 -
    Open split4g

Step 2 - Open your preferred Manager (I'm going to use MultiMAN Manager)

Step 3 - Copy your split game from your External drive to the PS3s Internal drive
    (The split files will automatically join during this process)

Note: If you have Multiman 2.00.01+ You can now play Split games from your external HDD and even use BD mirror/Direct Boot no need to transfer it to your Internal HDD.

Step 4 - Run the game and hope it works.
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice and simple, +Rep for sharing the guide HeyManHRU!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Or just use an NTFS external HDD an enable NTFS support on multiMAN and copy the game to internal HDD.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by oVERSoLDiER View Post
    Or just use an NTFS external HDD an enable NTFS support on multiMAN and copy the game to internal HDD.
    But don't you have to re-format it, and in doing so don't you lose all your data on your External HDD?

Well surely you can have more than just one hard drive (or USB flash) and format one in NTFS or not even have any drive in FAT32 to start with

And no - you don't need to reformat FAT32 drive and lose data - you can simply convert it to NTFS if you wish to do so - even directly in Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    And no - you don't need to reformat FAT32 drive and lose data - you can simply convert it to NTFS if you wish to do so - even directly in Windows.
    That could be a whole new tutorial itself.

great guide

partitioning is simple, just learn how with google. As for converting fat32 to ntfs the file system almost never stays completely intact, you usually end up with some corrupted files, I wouldn't suggest it. But if you absolutely need to, a great program to use is Easus Partition Magic. But good guide bro, rep+.

Ahh - that's really not true - the Windows built command to convert FAT32 volumes to NTFS might be far from perfect but I've never experienced a single problem with it. As long as your volume is not corrupted prior the conversion and the hard drive itself is in a good shape there is practically zero chance of getting it corrupted by the conversion itself. Indeed full disk scan and also defragmentation is well recommended prior the migration. (And for those lazy ones to google - it's a command promt utility convert).

yeh, I guess now that i think back, I've mostly had trouble with converting partition to uncommon filesystems like ntfs->wbfs(wiibasedfilesystem) and fat32->ext3. but for basic stuff I've not really had much trouble.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News