If you're like me you've wanted a way to back up your DVD collect in order to play it via the PS3 that doesn't take hours to process. So here it goes, the simplest, fastest way to back up your DVD collection.
1. Download DVD Decyrpter (http://www.dvddecrypter.org.uk/ or directly via: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/charles.clarke7/DVD/SetupDVDDecrypter_18.104.22.168.exe)
2. Install and run it.
3. Go to Tools -> Settings -> IFO Mode Tab. Change the File Splitting to None under Options.
4. Under the Mode menu select IFO.
5. Insert the DVD you want to back up and wait for it to load.
6. On the Input Tab select the item with the most time. That will be the movie.
7. On the Stream Processing Tab Deselect everthing except the video and any audio channels you would like.
8. Click on the DVD to Harddrive button and wait for the movie to process. It will take anywhere from 10-20 minutes depending on your computer.
9. Locate the output directory that was created and navigate into the movie folder and into the Video_TS folder.
10. Find the file that has the .vob extension and rename it to the [name of the move].mpg. You can delete the other files as they are not needed.
And there you have it. A high quality back up that the PS3 will play. I know that this method sounds simple, but I have yet to find a movie that this didn't work with. The file sizes are fairly large ranging from 3 to 6 GB but the quality is that of watching the DVD directly. The whole process takes about 15 minutes per movie.. a whole lot better then recompressing them for hours!