Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by DeViL303 View Post
    If your PC has gigabit ethernet then there is about 99.9% chance you won't need a crossover cable, if you have an older 100m/bit card you will need to check the specs as its not so common, some brands name it different but it will usually be called either-- Auto uplink and trade, Universal Cable Recognition, Auto cable Sensing or something similar.
    damnit, if only i knew about this before plunking 6 dollars down on a crossover cable when i have so many normal ones around

Which end is 568A and B? I know the difference but to be clear to others switch the 1,3 and 2,6 pairs.

Sorry, meant:

End1|End2
    [1] -> [3]
    [2] -> [6]
    [3] -> [1]
    [6] -> [2]
    Last edited by moja; 01-02-2011 at 05:31 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My 100mbit laptop can connect directly to my PS3 with a normal ethernet just fine. I don't see the point of this in terms of the PS3 (in general it's cool I guess).

Unless using a crossover would give me a speed boost?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyColtsFan84 View Post
    I did this with my cable that came with the ps3 & it works perfect. 20mb/s transfers on average, ghetto or not, it works!
    if the cable would be okay, you would have ~50mb/s like me. cutting the cable in the mid is something for vikings :-/

you only have to open up the end of the cable. switch the place of two of the little cables and you are finish. the only hard thing is putting the end back together. its abit uncomfortable.

im transfering mit ~50mb/s to my ps3.

Very lovely, i will need in the future just like everyone else

Have been lookin all over for this again thanks.

Personally i find it better to just buy the crimping tool and a small bag of heads. They are great to have when wire near the head snaps and you need to replace it. You can also save a butt load if you just buy one of the unheaded spools of cable and put the heads on yourself..

Hi,

Something helpful..
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

like i said, only switching two of the cables. nice picutres. its like one of the one i used in my school for building up them in lesson

This is a easy to use tut. The video helped too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12