How To JailBreak PS3 with BlackCat USB / Atmel Flip Windows 7 x64
This tut is for flashing the BlackCat USB With Atmel Flip 3.4.1
Things you'll need:
PS3 on Firmware 3.41
Blackcat USB 1.2 or newer
Atmel Flip 3.3.1 or newer http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_id=3886
HowTo windows 7 x64:
This will work for all x86 as well.
1. Put the black cat in DFU mode by flipping the switches to 1 and 2 then connect it to your PC and press the reset button on the blackcat.
2. Open up device manager
3. Click Action in the menu bar and add new legacy hardware
4. Click install the hardware that I select manually.
5. Highlight Show all devices and click next
6. Click Have Disk, then browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Flip 3.4.1\usb\
7. Select atmel_usb_dfu.inf
8. After the driver installs just hit the reset button on the blackcat again and it will show up correctly.
9. Now open up Atmel Flip and select device at90usb162 from the little microchip in the top left
10. now click the usb icon and click usb, then click connect.
11. Load the hex file and flash.
12. flip the 1 and 2 switches back to operational mode and your done.
See below if you are getting the Could not open USB device error in Amtel Flip.
Sometimes The Method Above alone wont get the blackcat to open in Atmel Flip....
So to get it to actually work in windows 7 x64 you will need to install XP Virtual machine, And install the blackcat drivers in the Virtual machine the same exact way and run Atmel Flip in XP mode.
To get it to recognize in XP mode you have to click Attach Device in the menu bar of the XP Virtual Machine.
Then you can install the driver. After that just run Atmel Flip in XP Mode and flash.
Link to XP Mode: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx