Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Post How to JailBreak a PlayStation 3 on 3.55 Firmware

Sponsored Links
    How to Jailbreak PlayStation 3 on 3.55 Firmware

Guide from: zimbio.com/IPod/articles/Bdj5o2II9zD/Geohot+Releases+PlayStation+3+3+55+Jailbreak

Step 1: Plug a USB stick into your computer
    Step 2: Download PS3UPDAT.PUP file.
    Step 3: Create folder PS3 and then create folder UPDATE inside it.
    Step 4: Unzip Jailbreak.zip to PS3UPDAT.PUP and put PS3UPDAT.PUP filein /PS3/UPDATE/ folder of your USB drive.
    Step 5: Power down you PS3 console and put USB drive.
    Step 6: Now press and hold the power button, the system will startup and shutdown again.
    Step 7: Release the power button, then press and hold power again, you’ll hear one beep followed by two consecutive beeps.
    Step 8: Release power then follow the on-screen instructions. You’re now in the recovery menu.
    Step 9: Connect the USB device and select “System Update.”
    Step 10: Choose Update via Storage Media
    Step 11: It will say it found Version 3.55-jb
    Step 12: Choose OK
    Step 13: Accept Conditions and Install Update
    Step 14: After less than a minute, your PS3 will update, beep 4 times then shut down.
    Step 15: Power up your PS3 (You will have to do it on the console and not by the controller)

Voila!! Your PS3 console on firmware 3.55 is jailbroken now.

How to install Packages on Jailbroken PS3 3.55

Step 1: Plug your USB stick into your computer
    Step 2: Drop the test.pkg into the root of the USB stick
    Step 3: Plug your USB stick into your PS3
    Step 4: Navigate to the Game Tab
    Step 5: Choose Install Package Files
    Step 6: Select the test.pkg
    Step 7: After it installs you will find the test package from geohot installed below the Install Package Files folder

Note: With geohot’s PS3 jailbreak, you can't play backup games or pirated games or whatever you choose to call them. You can install packages with the provided installer. Geohot will be releasing all the required tools to sign the homebrew soon.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I got a 'data corrupted' with a 8002F2C5 code after following what listed in the instruction. What am I doing wrong?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I am also getting the data corrupted 8002F2C5. Have not found a fix yet. I am on official firmware 3.55 and have reformatted and reinstalled several times. I have english selected as my default language and I do not have Kakarotoks custom firmware installed. I have a 60 GB PS3 that has PS2 backward compatibility. Anybody have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I try updating on the xmb and this time, works like a charm. You must have the official 3.55 installed before doing the updating.

I've now a 'install package files' on my xmb when I rebooted my ps3. Is this the sign that my ps3 had been jailbroken?

There are two GeoHot jailbreaks released, he fixed it in the r1. Check under "PS3 Downloads"

I have tried both updating in XMB, and using r1 and original. The orginal gave me a different error code than the r1. And for some strange reason my ps3 will not update via XMB. I have had to use the custom menu to do all my updating for a while now.

After formatting my PS3 half a dozen times, and my flash drive just as many times it finally worked. I don't know what I did different, but one thing is for sure. My PS3 would not install geohot firmware via recovery menu. I had to flash it via XMB.
    Last edited by laptopfreek0; 01-10-2011 at 04:41 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i was going to ask how to install it, but i saw this topic and now i knew how to install it but i'll try it when i go back home in 2 weeks

Does any USB stick work or you have to get one of those programmable chips?

This kills the need of buying one of those dongles as psbreak or so?

TIA

I don't know an awful lot about the ps3 as I don't own one but what is the difference between this jailkbreak and the dongles you can buy? Will there ever be a way of playing back ups with this jailbreak?

Sorry if they sound like stupid questions but I'm still learning all about the ps3. Thanks in advance guys

Don't need jailbreak dongle for this.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News