Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    can we play downloaded games after doing this?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by pdsilva800 View Post
    can we play downloaded games after doing this?
    Did you bother reading the post?
    Note: With geohot’s PS3 jailbreak, you can't play backup games or pirated games or whatever you choose to call them. You can install packages with the provided installer. Geohot will be releasing all the required tools to sign the homebrew soon.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i have read it, but didn't quite understand it... is it possible to play downloaded games without owning the usb device that has to be bought?

Banned User
    I am pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I just want to be sure. Lets say I do this hack and get the 'Install Apps' icon on my XMB, but I do not install or run any homebrew. Can Sony still notice that my console has been hacked if I log into the PSN?

Even without homebrew apps, that install apps thing would be useful for installing legit retail signed pkg files. As I would love to have a solid copy of my DLC, PSN games or map packs that I could install anytime I want without having to DL it again.

Yes, you are running CFW and hence a simple hashcheck on one of the system files will get you flagged. If you want to stay legit then don't install this fw.

Well, this is just great! Respect for doing this, keep it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdsilva800 View Post
    i have read it, but didn't quite understand it... is it possible to play downloaded games without owning the usb device that has to be bought?
    As far as I know, it is not yet possible to play backup ISO's, need to wait for a compatible (?) backup manager for playing ISO's.
    Last edited by toor; 01-13-2011 at 07:57 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by greeny2010 View Post
    I got a 'data corrupted' with a 8002F2C5 code after following what listed in the instruction. What am I doing wrong?
    I got the same error. i guess i'll try it again.

Quote Originally Posted by greeny2010 View Post
    This should not be an issue as I've updated my fw from 3.41 to 3.55 and have it patched with the cfw release. Everything working fine on my phat ps3. Only problem now is to wait for the release of a Backup Manager
    Anyone know how long that will take?
    Last edited by Hunterdog; 01-13-2011 at 02:18 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i have done this as well has the peek and poke thing, but i cannot run any homebrew. when ir un its jsut black screen? do you need peek and poke installed with my firmware in order to run homebrew?

So i have re instlled the ofw of the 3.55 and i redid the jailbreak and still.. I cannot run any programs, the test program, ftp server or anything its jsut black screen. i am on ps3 FAT i have tried everything to make the test.pak run or any of the ftp programs.

The apps install fine but i cannot run.. they jsut black screen any help please?

Edit: The reason why i was getting a black screen was becuase the ps3 thought i had a disc in it. also i had replced the bddrive with anohter one with the board.. so i put the old broken drive back into the ps3.. mad crazy noises but i got it so the ps3 doesn't see that there is a disc in the drive. and it works.. Home and homebrews work now just becuase my bdrom drive was differnet.
    Last edited by eminded; 01-15-2011 at 05:35 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I actually managed to run Red Dead Redemption (backup) under geohot's jailbreak. I just had to modify the eboot.bin

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan317 View Post
    I actually managed to run Red Dead Redemption (backup) under geohot's jailbreak. I just had to modify the eboot.bin
    how do you do that? you send the game to the ps3 hdd by an ftp homebreew for 3.55? then how do you start the game? with a 3.55 open manager? can we have several games in ps3 hdd, like in the 3.41 JB firmware? thanks..

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News