Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Post How to Install / Set-up PS3 SDK 1.92 Properly

Sponsored Links
    With the SDK 1.92 sneaking out all over the torrent sites, lots of posts of people have no luck installing it and compiling, so I'm not sure if this will work for you but this is my journey, the quick and dirty version. Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

My PC:
    Windows 7 x64
    i3 2.93
    4gb ram

Files I used:
    PS3_SDK-192_001-Installer_1.0 (refer to http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...ls-109568.html)
    mingw-get-inst-20100909.exe ([Register or Login to view links])
    MSYS-1.0.11.exe ([Register or Login to view links])
    msysDTK-1.0.1.exe ([Register or Login to view links])

- First thing I did was install mingw (mingw-get-inst-20100909.exe), followed by MSYS-1.0.11.exe then msysDTK-1.0.1.exe. During the install of the second two files it wants to install to "c:\msys\1.0" I edited that to reflect the sdk document "c:\msys"

- Then I set the environment variables like so:

New System Variable
    Variable name: CELL_SDK
    Variable value: /c/usr/local/cell

New System Variable
    Variable name: LANG
    Variable value: C

Edit System Variable
    Variable name: PATH
    Variable value: c:\msys\1.0\bin

- Then I ran the SDK 1.92 installer and left all the default settings as is.

-When that was complete I verified that the PATH variable was updated with all the SDK paths:
    c:\usr\local\cell\host-win32\bin;
    c:\usr\local\cell\host-win32\ppu\bin;
    c:\usr\local\cell\host-win32\spu\bin;
    c:\usr\local\cell\host-win32\Cg\bin

- Next I followed two more steps from the SDK Setup document too set the initial configuration file of the PPU and SPU debugger.

This is the point where I figured everything was complete but to make things a bit easier I edit the profile bash of MinGW to make my home directory be the 1.92 sdk directory.

- Open the file C:\msys\etc\profile with a capable editor (I use 010 editor) and set the HOME environment variable to the fixed location, for this I used c:\usr\local\cell\

- To test i started MSYS browsed into the samples directory and found the project called "testapp" and typed "MAKE" and hit enter. A lot of information flashed across the screen then ended with outputting 2 magical files....testapp.elf and testapp.self.

This is just an example of how I got this to work, no promises it will work for you, but hopefully it is enough to get you in the right direction since I imagine alot of amateurs will be installing this and trying to work its magic.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for making a guide on this internetfloozy, and +Rep!

I have also added a PS3 SDK Setup and Compiling Open Manager PDF guide by jamestanner here for those interested:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downlo...o=file&id=4436

Sponsored Links

Wink Making it faster.

Sponsored Links
    [Register or Login to view links]
    File: mingw-get-inst-20100909.exe
    Size: 569 KB (582.137 bytes)

File: MSYS-1.0.11.exe
    Size: 3,2 MB (3.283.940 bytes)

File: msysDTK-1.0.1.exe
    Size: 9,9 MB (10.299.560 bytes)

Or use virtualbox and install a ubuntu desktop edition on a vm , this is how i did

very easy and no risk if it crash

what is the install file? i downloaded the $dk 1.92 and unzipped and all files seem to be there but the exe to install.

I understand how to set up the SDK, that's the easiest part and although I'm perfectly able at average c, c++ i have not the foggiest where to start with it, I would imagine you need to have say extensive knowledge of how the ps3 works, however an opensource helloworld would be good for reference know mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogzz View Post
    I understand how to set up the SDK, that's the easiest part and although I'm perfectly able at average c, c++ i have not the foggiest where to start with it, I would imagine you need to have say extensive knowledge of how the ps3 works, however an opensource helloworld would be good for reference know mean?
    Have a look at the documentation "PS3_SDKDoc_e.chm" and check out the samples provided with the SDK. I've just been building the samples and making packages to run on the PS3 to get used to it a little, I'm going to start having a real play with it tomorrow

Finally got it to work. Gonna copy "PS3_SDKDoc_e.chm" to my phone to read tomorrow during classes.

Which GUI Debugger are you guys gonna use? Hopefully someone is gonna leak ProDG

Quote Originally Posted by atlask2 View Post
    Or use virtualbox and install a ubuntu desktop edition on a vm , this is how i did

very easy and no risk if it crash
    Any chance you could write a similar tut for Ubuntu? I have the latest LT build installed via Vbox.

Quote Originally Posted by tripellex View Post
    Any chance you could write a similar tut for Ubuntu? I have the latest LT build installed via Vbox.
    To get it to run on Ubuntu (or Linux in general) you'll need wine installed since the Linux toolchain is missing.

Symlink everything except the .exe files directly from host-win32 to host-linux (except the stuff that is already there). For the exe-files create symlinks in util-linux without the .exe suffix. A short round of "chmod a+x" on the executables along with two entries in .bash_profile setting the environment variables and you're good to go. You might need an older version of libstdc++ for the executables in host-linux/bin but that can be taken from an earlier Ubuntu release.

I'll put together a package to make this process easier in the afternoon.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News