Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    when you say "- Then I ran the SDK 1.92 installer and left all the default settings as is."

what are you actually running? an .msi installer, or am I missing something from my versions? If you are running an .msi, which folder is it located in? I'm going crazy looking for a file might not exist.. so I just need some confirmation.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have had my sdk for a while now it is just a pretty installer for it. It automatically sets the variables and some other details.

This release that just came out is a group of rars that decompress into the same thing that I end up with.

Make sense?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by internetfloozy View Post
    I have had my sdk for a while now it is just a pretty installer for it. It automatically sets the variables and some other details.

This release that just came out is a group of rars that decompress into the same thing that I end up with.

Make sense?
    Yeah, I already figured that out. I was just going crazy looking for a file that didn't exist in the recent leak. I thought I got a bad copy. I tested out the sdk I have, and was able to compile some of the examples. so all is good. Thanks!

As promised, I've attached an archive containing the necessary symlinks to get the leak working under Linux. Extract the contents of the archive into host-linux. You'll have to "chmod a+x" the executable files within the "bin" subfolders of host-linux.

Current Ubuntu releases don't contain the libstdc++ necessary for the tools contained in host-linux/bin. You can get the needed version from here: [Register or Login to view links]

Just install it with "dpkg -i". You'll also need MSVCP60.DLL in "~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/" which is available here:
    [Register or Login to view links]

It's advisable to put the contents of the archive into /usr/local/cell.

I've created a file (attached as ps3_sdk_setup.txt) which contains the necessary environment variables to get the SDK going. You can either copy its contents into your "~/.bash_profile" or put the file into your home (for example as .ps3_sdk_setup) and include it by adding ". ~/.ps3_sdk_setup" to your "~/.bash_profile". It will become active on the next login.

You can check if everything is setup the way it's meant to be by checking your PATH by issuing "echo $PATH". It should contain the host-linux directories. The manpath should also have been updated so that you can view the man pages by typing "man ppu-lv2-gcc" for example. To check this, type "manpath". The output should also contain the host-linux dirs.

If this looks good, you should be able to call unfself, ppu-lv2-gcc or spu-lv2-gcc from any directory. If that also works out okay, you can try to build some samples.

Since files in /usr/local/ are normally system owned and not writable by ordinary users, it's advisable to clone the samples folder to a location writable by your user (e.g. within your hime directory) and set CELL_SAMPLE_DIR accordingly (you can do so in .ps3_sdk_setup). This also has the nice effect of always having a clean copy of the samples in /usr/local/cell if you have messed up your working copy.

To test if the samples compile correctly, cd to the fw folder in your cloned samples dir and issue "make". If this completes without errors, you have successfully set up your SDK under Linux

Two good CHM viewers for the Linux users to view the documentation:
    kchmviewer (for KDE)
    gnochm (for GNOME)

There's some old cruft left over from the previous user(s) in the leaked SDKs. To clean it up, do the following:
    delete doc/SDK_doc/en/chm/PS3_SDKDoc_e.rar
    delete host-linux/bin/bedbg~
    delete host-linux/bin/spurs_jm.elf
    delete host-win32/bin/dtnetm.rar
    delete sample_data/libfs/disc_image.iso
    delete sample_data/util/debug/launcher/PARAM.SFO
    delete sample_data/util/debug/launcher/PS3_DISC.SFB
    delete sample_data/util/debug/launcher/launcher-DVD-SL.iso
    cd samples/fw; make clean
    delete samples/sdk/sysutil/storagedata/DATA/Thumbs.db
    delete samples/tutorial/PhysicsEffects/Demo/PhysHair/Makefile
    rename samples/tutorial/PhysicsEffects/Demo/PhysHair/Makefile~ to Makefile
    delete samples/tutorial/PhysicsEffects/Demo/sdk.makedef.mk
    delete samples/tutorial/PhysicsEffects/Demo/sdk.target.mk
    delete samples/util/debug/launcher/PS3_GAME/Thumbs.db

Those are the environment variables set by the installer (which is missing from the leak):
    CELL_PSGL_VERSION

This user environment variable specifies the version of the PSGL library to be
    used. Please refer to the Readme file (PS3_SDK_Installer_Readme_e.htm), which
    can be found in the installation directory, for instructions on how to alter
    this setting after installation.

Set "opt" if an optimized version is to be used.
    Set "debug" if a debugging version is to be used.
    Set "hud" if PSGL performance monitoring analysis is to be utilized.
    Set "ultra-opt" for better performance than the opt option.

The recommended setting is "debug".

<CELL_PSGL_VERSION> is referenced only when linking PPU/SPU binaries of each
    sample program. If the setting of this variable has been changed, it will be
    sufficient to re-link, not re-compile, PPU/SPU binaries.

---

CELL_FW_DIR

This user environment variable specifies the directory where the provided Sample
    Framework library is placed. Please refer to the Readme file (
    PS3_SDK_Installer_Readme_e.htm), which can be found in the installation
    directory, for instructions on how to alter this setting after installation.

The recommended location is $(CELL_SDK)/samples/fw.

---

CELL_DATA_DIR

This user environment variable specifies the directory where the provided data
    for sample programs are placed. Please refer to the Readme file (
    PS3_SDK_Installer_Readme_e.htm), which can be found in the installation
    directory, for instructions on how to alter this setting after installation.

The recommended location is $(CELL_SDK)/sample_data.

---

SCE_PS3_ROOT

This system environment variable specifies the SDK root directory for SN Systems
    ProDG tools.

Note that this PS3 SDK installer does not include ProDG tools; however, they can
    be downloaded from PS3 DevNet: [Register or Login to view links]

---

env variables set by installer:

local:
    CELL_SDK=/c/usr/local/cell
    CELL_FW_DIR=$(CELL_SDK)/samples/fw
    CELL_DATA_DIR=$(CELL_SDK)/sample_data
    CELL_PSGL_VERSION=debug
    CELL_GPU_TYPE=rsx
    LANG=C

global:
    SCE_PS3_ROOT=C:/usr/local/cell
    PATH=C:\usr\local\cell\host-win32\spu\bin;C:\usr\local\cell\host-win32\ppu\bin;
    C:\usr\local\cell\host-win32\Cg\bin;C:\usr\local\cell\host-win32\bin;$(PATH)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by sapperlott View Post
    As promised, I've attached an archive containing the necessary symlinks to get the leak working under Linux.
    Much appreciated for this sapperlott, and +Rep!

Quote Originally Posted by sapperlott View Post
    As promised, I've attached an archive containing the necessary symlinks to get the leak working under Linux.
    Thanks!! Works!

Good to see that it's useful to someone

Quote Originally Posted by febag92 View Post
    Finally got it to work. Gonna copy "PS3_SDKDoc_e.chm" to my phone to read tomorrow during classes.

Which GUI Debugger are you guys gonna use? Hopefully someone is gonna leak ProDG
    You'll need a SceDev login with a special license key in order to use the ProDG debugger, otherwise it won't load.

Question

Once you have compiled, how do you package into a .pkg file? I've compiled open manager into a .elf\.self.

Thanks

Guys during MingW install. do i need to 'tick' the other compilers like C++? or i only need the defualt 'ticked' C compiler witth mingW for the sdk?

will C++ code work with SDK? Also, i've followed all the steps in Post#1, mingw, msys etc installed.

setup the sytem variables.. but in last steps it talks about running some sdk installer. i can't find any such installer in the 1.92 sdk fiels i got. any idea how to get past the last stage? i've moved the extracted sdk files to C:/usr/local/cell

but i still cant use it unless it starts 'working'. any small tutorial about setting up the sdk wtih smaller steps, liek till compiling a small sample with the sdk will be great.

UPDATE: ok looks like i managed to compile a sample program with msys, i got a .elf and a .self file.

how do i execute these on ps3? where do i need these to ftp to? a lil help please
    Last edited by NinjaOptimus; 09-30-2010 at 05:41 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News