How to Install Homebrew on a Stock PS3 with a Hacked PS3

Just a little idea on how you can copy homebrew and games to a non hacked ps3, using a hacked PS3. I have tested this twice now, so I know it works 100%.

1st, On the ps3 your going to use as the host/master, install Geo's cfw 3.55 and setup customize it just how you like it, ie Homebrew Games Music Films, and so on.

Now get the un/hacked PS3 with 3.55 OFW on, and plug the both of the ps3's together using a crossover cable. (This is were PIP comes handy on your TV)

Now on the ps3 that has homebrew on navigate to System Settings, then down to Data Transfer Utility, then press X once more, then you will see a screen saying select the operation you want to perform. You need number 1. Transfer data from this system to the other PS3 system.

Now do the same on the other PS3 the one with the OFW 3.55 on, and go to System Settings, then down to Data Transfer Utility, then press X once more, then you see that screen saying select the operation you want to perform.. but this time you need to set that PS3 to operation number 2. Transfer data from the other PS3 system to this system.

Then after your happy you have selected right press X on both PS3 controllers, and let them do thair stuff. It can take some time depending on what you put on the hacked PS3.

If all went well you now have two PS3's Identical in installed files , but One with hacked FW and one without. If you only put games on the unhacked PS3 no homebrew, and no CFW I believe you are less likely to get a ban on the PSN if your playing games online.

Hope this helps others. My reason for this was that the unhack PS3 had a duff BDVD, so now games from disks for that one, untill now.

Thanks for sharing the guide daveshooter and +Rep.

No thank you! I've only been messing around with the PS3 for the last 8 weeks or so, and its because of all the members admin/mods that helped me the most with endless information within this site, that's helped to get me this far, so thanks everyone.

So by this logic, absolutely ANY ps3 can have homebrew installed on it as long as you have a PS3 with a CFW.

this is gonna get blocked next firmware, my guess at least.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyVampiire View Post
    So by this logic, absolutely ANY ps3 can have homebrew installed on it as long as you have a PS3 with a CFW.
    Yes as long as there both the same ver of fw both 3.55. one with cwf and one with ofw. something that did surprise me, was it never removed the files from the donor ps3 doing this backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by THCIV View Post
    this is gonna get blocked next firmware, my guess at least.
    I was thinking that myself, but if they never fitted crap bdvd in the 1st place I would not of had the problems I had with my kids games not playing again.

If I didn't think of it, and post it some other would of be for long.
    Last edited by daveshooter; 01-14-2011 at 10:14 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost