Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

How to Fix PS3 Corrupted Data Update Error from 3.41 to 3.55 CFW

Sponsored Links
    Hi guys, this is the first time doing a thread.. I'm a big fan of the site and I thought in sharing a way I found in how to solve the issue.

Well for some of us we downgraded to 3.41 in order to use the ps3 hacks and now some of us want to update to 3.55 cfw and it has become a real problem because every time you tried to update to every single new update even 3.56 and we kept getting the corrupted data error and stops the update.

So I found a way to fix it:

1. You have to get your ps3 into factory settings just like when you downgraded
    2. Now just like you did for downgrading you do it for update so turn off the ps3
    3. Get a usb and in the root put the level2 dialog file 1 and then the update to 3.50 ofw.
    4. Connect the usb to the ps3 and turn it on just like in the downgrade
    5. These process is automatic so in a couple of minutes your ps3 will shut down.
    6. Once the ps3 is off take the usb out and make sure that the ps3 has updated to 3.50 ofw and then turn it off.
    7. Then on the usb delete all thew files and then proceed to copy and paste the level2 dialog file 2 to get your ps3 out of the factory setting.
    8. Once again just like in the downgrade connect the usb to the ps3 and then turn it on and the ps3 will automatically turn off.
    9. Turn on your ps3 and you should be at 3.50 ofw.
    10. From there you should be able to update to 3.55ofw and once there you can update freely to 3.55 ofw.

I dont really know if it will work in all the ps3 versions since I only tried it on the slim version but it should help you.

The ps3 didnt brick and is working at the moment perfectly with the 3.55 cfw kmeaw not problems.

I don't know if you can make the process faster by updating directly to 3.55 ofw instead of 3.50 ofw but the reason I choose to use 3.50 it's because its less troublesome.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the guide montys1987 and +Rep to you for sharing it!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks for this good guide!!

hi, what are level2 dialog file 1 & 2?

+Rep too for sharing.

thx
    Last edited by Ezio1997; 07-26-2011 at 03:04 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You can install LINUX on PS3 and hook up a USB keyboard and it will be a PC 10 times faster than a regular PC and I am sure that you install any LINUX based PC games. I am NOT sure about Vista.

Is it possible without Jailbreak USB Dongle? It isnt cleared in this tutorial imo.

how to downgrade then?

Your downgrade version...

Thank you for the post.

I don't know what these are either and i can't find anything on it

to get your ps3 into factory/service mode you need a usb dongle, i used e3 for mine. if you don't have that you can either you can use a psp or any phone from a specific list, this includes htc wildfire and even an ipod touch 1

for level2 dialog file search for lv2diag.self file 1 and file 2

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News