Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

How to Edit the PlayStation 3 Epilepsy Warning on PS3 CFW Guide

Sponsored Links
    Today PlayStation 3 developer Mistawes has made available a guide on how to edit the PlayStation 3 epilepsy warning on PS3 CFW.

Below are the details, as follows: So it really bugs me to see this every time I boot up or reboot, and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

So, to edit it yourself, do the following:
    • Download RCOmage ([Register or Login to view links] / Mirror) and extract somewhere suitable on your PC.
    • Now, while running your PS3, go into Multiman and enable dev_blind (4th last item in settings).
    • Go to file manager or FTP into dev_blind/vsh/resource and copy sysconf_plugin.rco to USB/PC.
    • Open the .rco in RCOmage where it says “RCO input” by selecting browse..
    • Set the output name to whatever you want, save as .xml and untick every box, other than “Seperate resource types” and “Decode VSMX scripts”.
    • Now hit dump, and wait for it to finish. Then go to the folder you extracted to, into the “Text” folder and open “English.xml” – Or whatever language you
    • NOTE: I use Notepad++ (notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.3.2.html): and make sure encoding says UTF-8, but MS Notepad might work, but turn off “word wrap”.
    • Search for “health” and edit the two lines containing the warning you see at boot, to whatever you want, or leave it blank!
    • Now, you are free to edit other things here, but be VERY careful as it’s so easy to softbrick! Then save the .xml file.
    • Now, back to RCOmage, click the “compile” tab and select the “output xml” file from the beginning and select where to output your modded RCO file (make sure to name it correctly – sysconf_plugin.rco). Then tick the “zlib” button beside “Header Compression”, nothing else should be selected then hit “Compile”.
    • Then, copy that back to dev_blind/vsh/resource and overwrite the original. Then restart your PS3 and check to see your new message!

If it freezes or won’t load, go into recovery and re-install the exact same CFW. Otherwise (if it errors when re-installing) install Rebug 999 downgrader and dehash, then back upto 4.XX.

I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENS, GOOD/BAD/INDIFFERENT.

Thanks to IcEmAn for the method, thanks to Haxxxen for the tip and ZiNgA BuRgA for RCOmage.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thnx but anybody got other DL link for RCOmage?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    RiChaDo... check your PM. sent you weblink

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have also added a mirror here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=35400

this is nothing new...

Cool! now the question I'm sure everyone sensible is thinking... Can Sony track any changes to the flash?

It would be nice if it could be removed with a CFW. And maybe the PS Move messages too every time a game starts (anyone plays Bioshock Infinite with Move, really?)

Quote Originally Posted by seeman View Post
    this is nothing new...
    What are you talking about, this post is a *new* post lol

hi it does not work for me... here is my file (English.xml)... can you check for me please?

[Register or Login to view links]

Quote Originally Posted by mmanolos View Post
    It would be nice if it could be removed with a CFW. And maybe the PS Move messages too every time a game starts (anyone plays Bioshock Infinite with Move, really?)
    you can disable that by editing param.sfo of the game.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News