Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Post How to do a Hard Reset on the PS3

Sponsored Links
    Be sure to backup your settings/games saves by doing a System > Backup on your PS3 or you may lose your game saves! Also, this is a last resort procedure prior to exchanging/returning to Sony.

1. Power Off the PS3 via the power switch in back and power back on w/switch.

2. Hold Power Button on the Front until you hear 3 beeps.

3. Then go through the initial setup and then run a full Format via System > Format. (will take approx 3 1/1 hours). You may need to have our AV cables ready if your using HDMI (in case HDMI isn't detected after initial reset).

4. Restore your back-up you made prior to doing factory/hard reset (optional, if you created a back-up).

Hopefully this will solve your freezing problems.

Problems/symptons that this appears to have resolved:

- Freezing when doing anything
    - No harddrive activity
    - Freezing when trying to use onboard keyboard or bringing up keyboard
    - Game/movie disc freezes system

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I was not knowing this procedure. I removed HD and formatted on PC :-)

Hard disk was giving problems while loading.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    very good to know thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Lol would be nice if HARD reset was for FW too

Does it really solve anything? I would assume that Backup/Restore would mean you end up with the same HDD contents as before doing this. So the only change would be files maybe laid out in different way...

ok, i had issues with freezing during gta & in xmb, did hard reset as instructed by boss but system froze during format and now i don't get anything but a black scree. its not a full brick but idk how to revive the hard drive. i had my friend bring over a laptop so i could try formatting through that but no such luck, wrong connections. if anyone can help, please do.

My PS3 was freezing at startup, but did this hard reset, and working great again! Not sure what it was that caused it through.

Never experienced such problems myself, but very good to know that there are ways to deal with them.

i never knew about this, but i wish i would of. it took me three days to fix my corrupted ps3's hard drive. this would of been much simpler. well, I'll be trying this the next time i have the problem. thanks

Unhappy

I've tried this. It didn't work. It didn't even take 3 hours it was over in like a few minutes. I don't know what it did really.

Sponsored Links