Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

How to Decrypt PS3 EBOOT.BIN or SELF Files in Windows

Sponsored Links
    How to Decrypt PS3 EBOOT.BIN or SELF Files in Windows by grandy

So, with all of this talk regarding keys and decrypting, I've been asked a lot: How do I get fail0verflow's decryption tools to work on Windows? It seems to be a common question. So I decided to make a nice, easy to follow tutorial, to help you all through the process.

First you will need some files: Cygwin Setup, PS3 Keys from PS3Tools Key Pack, and fail0verflow_ps3tools_win32.rar

Step 1

Run the Cygwin setup and install with all default options and packages.

Step 2

(We'll assume you installed to C:\)

Once Cygwin is installed its time to set up or our key files. For this tutorial we'll be using the ps3.rar file linked above which contains 3.50 keys for games such as Gran Turismo 5 Need For Speed Hot Pursuit and others. If you'd like to extract other games or sony files you will need to find the appropriate keys in the PS3 Tools Keypack or elsewhere.

Step 3

Extract ps3.rar into C:\cygwin\home\(User)\ Where (User) will be your windows username, and already be premade for you by cygwin.

You should now have a .ps3 folder (IMPORTANT: please note there is a period before ps3) containing 3.50 keys in C:\cygwin\home\(User)\

Step 4

Place your EBOOT.BIN (or SELF) that you wish to decrypt into C:\cygwin\home\(User)\

Step 5

Navigate to C:\cygwin\bin\ and extract fail0verflow_ps3tools_win32.rar into this folder.

Step 6

Navigate to C:\cygwin\ and run Cygwin.bat

Step 7

In the window that pops up, type unself EBOOT.SELF EBOOT.ELF and press enter

Step 8

Navigate to C:\cygwin\home\(User)\ and collect your newly decrypted EBOOT.ELF file!

That's it folks, its not as complicated as many of you may think. With this guide, anyone should be capable of decrypting their own EBOOT.BIN's and SELF files. Now, the ELF file that is created is not runnable on the PS3 yet. However, this tutorial is only for walking you through the decryption process.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    great guide thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Many thanks for this great guide for a noob like myself. !! Cheers. Any chance of comleting the guide on the next step? I'm sure a lot of folks out there will be very thankful and be able to learn more instaerd of asking... I would so love to try this out myself.

Thanks again !!

Great guide, now I have Cygwin to mess with!

BTW, when I try to decrypt Venetica EBOOT.BIN, I get a 'segmentation fault' error. Any ideas why?

got invalid type: 00000008 ....NP-DRM not possible ? Or am i doing something wrong ?

hi everyone,

perhaps someone can help me to understand all this stuff i have been reading about decryption and the ps3. does this mean that using the above tutorial i can replace/decrypt/modify the key of any game to be compatible with my jb ps3 that is running 3.41 firmware...

i have read all the threads and posts from failOverFlow and GeoHot but it seems too technical for me... do i have the right idea or am i way off... can someone tell me what it all means?

Quote Originally Posted by iloveyou View Post
    got invalid type: 00000008 ....NP-DRM not possible ? Or am i doing something wrong ?
    The file appears to be SPP (NFI what that means). Looking at the tools.h (from fail0verflows repo) file you can see all the known key types
    Attached Files Attached Files

when i try to make self i got this
    makeself app 341 eboot.elf EBOOT.BIN no public key avaiable
    app-iv-341 and app-key-341 are both in .ps3 folder

Quote Originally Posted by iloveyou View Post
    I have the same error, I don't know what to do...

Unhappy

yes i have the same error

# unself EBOOT.BIN EBOOT.ELF
    invalid type: 00000008
    perror: No error

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News