Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

How to Create a Custom PS3 Boot Logo By Editing Coldboot.raf

Sponsored Links
    How to Create a Custom PS3 Boot Logo By Editing Coldboot.raf

This (roughly translated) guide comes from Eustolio at: [Register or Login to view links]

This tutorial covers how to edit the boot coldboot.raf (PS3 logo). Although the original idea of this, the user is in the forums ihatecompvir, I allow myself to expand with more info graphic.

The same will be old-fashioned and addressed to all users, fully explained on the basis of images, "A tuti plenipotentiaries" masters.

In principle the process is a bit tedious but still bearing in mind that there is no principle in the process is a bit tedious, but that there is still considering not application that simplifies the work at the moment is the only option to put our own label that simplified the application work at the moment is the only option to put our own stamp start to our machines, but the effort will be worthwhile.

Our machines to start, but the effort will be worthwhile. As I say, I will try on As I say, I will try on Coldboot.raf edition, not the melody Coldboot.ac3 is coming but is also Coldboot.raf edition, NOT the melody is coming Coldboot.ac3 but also customizable as most already know, so we are going beyond win. MOST customizable as already know, so We Are Going Beyond win.

Tools needed:
    • Coldboot.raf: Obviously we need the original, and can copy from: hdd0/vsh/resource (or flash0/vsh/resource as noted by mrmuppet) via ftp or similar.
    • Hex Editor: I have used Winhex.
    • Simplyzip: ([Register or Login to view links] Executable that will be used to unpack / pack the raf.
    • dds2gtf.exe gtf2dds.exe & INFO: These two applications are within the PS3 SDK, local/cell/host-win32/bin
    • P3textractor: This exe is in the same directory / bin, although the network is easy to find.
    • Nvidia DDS Photoshop + plugin ([Register or Login to view links]) or with opciones.DDS editor.

Part I - Opening Package

The 1st Step
    The first thing you do is open the. Raf with the hex editor, since the idea is to remove the first 16 bits and so leave at the beginning of the header block for post-zlib can unpack. raf leave at the beginning of the header block for post-zlib dog unpack. raf

Done this we will save by ejplo as coldboot_edit.raf

Step 1b
    It's time to run Symplizip.
    Go to the option: Pogram external / zlib (packing / unpacking) and seek coldboot_edit.raf, we emphasize the option "Decompras" and execute it, as you will see we have the raf unpacked ready for the next step.

Step 1c
    Taking desempakado the raf, what we do now is to extract its contents for later editing. It should be noted must be emphasizer
    this step we'll do p3textractor, since the structure. raf is the same or similar to a theme.p3t thus not we'll do this step p3textractor. Have problems in this sense, love of detail and stock that will detail later.

Knowing this, and to take things with a meridian order, proceed to rename coldboot_edit to coldboot_unpacked and led to the same location that p3textractor.exe, which in my case would be C: \ bin. That, which would be in my case C: \ bin. The next step would be to open an MS-DOS:

Start / Run / cmd. Now just a matter of calling p3textractor and run.

As you see in the image and have the content removed, and although MS-DOS error, that's normal, being the point where just the 1 phase of the tutorial to get into the 2 nd, which is the image editing.

Part II - Customized

The 2nd Step
    As I say, it's time to "get their hands" to the chart I picture editing and renaming it the result will begin the previous extraction, specifically. gtf for later conversion to. dds format recognized by several publishers.

Assuming that you have the necessary tools and dds2gtf.exe gtf2dds.exe is time to make the conversion not before the extension _1.gim delete all GTF.

We return to MS-DOS and run:

[Register or Login to view code]

You can see three that are for HD and SD quality REMAINING, these are the resolutions:

HD: 350px 700px:
    SD: 120px 240px:

At this point it is time to create our own logo, and in my case I will do it with Photoshop CS5.

Before proceeding and for those who possess Photoshop, you can find the plugin. DDS Nvidia this link: [Register or Login to view links]

Ok, run the editor and begin to create, given that and as mentioned above will respect the original resolutions to not have any problem when compiling. Remember:

HD Resolution
    new_logo.dds: 700px 350px
    new_logo_footer.dds: 750px 350px (or 700px 350px as noted by mrmuppet)
    new_logo_blur.dds: 350 750px (or 350 700px as noted by mrmuppet)

SD Resolution
    new_logo_sd.dds: 240px 120px
    new_logo_footer_sd.dds 240px 120px
    new_logo_blur_sd: 240px 120px

To go shortening and assuming you've already created the image, to save time. DDS and the subwindow to leave we must note the option 8 bbp Luminance and Grey Scale Image Options; The other options do not touch them.

So we get the "weight" of the image precisely to avoid problemas. The toc should never exceed that of original images. It is emphasized that the logo you want to do must always be in B / N, never in color.

For those of you with problems with the "blur" or blur, simply use the filter: Filter / Blur / Gaussian Blur Filter / Blur / Gaussian blur

Step 2b
    Ok, once designed the new logo and have satisfied all the above described, it is time to redo Ok, eleven Design the new logo and satisfied have all the above described, it is time to redo conversion to. GTF our custom images. So we go to MS-DOS and run dds2gtf.exe:

[Register or Login to view code]

Part III-Embedded

The 3rd Step
    In this tutorial we will compile manually. Hexdecimal raf with the editor.

Ok first thing is to reopen coldboot_unpacked with WinHex (my case) and it's time to go copying and overwriting gtf our custom images taking into account that is offset each. Our custom images gtf taking into account that is offset each. Here you have to avoid the more tedious

OFFSETS [Decimal]
    NEW_LOGO: 00006736 to 00493376 (486 640)
    NEW_LOGO_FOOTER: 00493392 to 00980032 (486 640)
    NEW_LOGO_BLUR: 00980048 to 01466688 (486 640)
    NEW_LOGO_SD: 01466704 to 01523776 (00057072)
    NEW_LOGO_SD_FOOTER: 01523792 to 01580864 (00057072)
    NEW_LOGO_BLUR: 01580880 to 01637952 (00077072)

First and as ejplo, let's change the image new_logo.gtf that we have worked for us original. We run our hex editor and open coldboot_unpacked and new_logo.gtf coldboot_unpacked.

Ok, we already have two tabs open, and will new_logo that interests us, we click the right button to copy the entire block from the first until the last bit (Home Block / End of block) in normal mode.

Now change the tab to search coldbbot_unpaqued.raf, the location of new_logo.gtf s, which as you can see in the above table from the offset is 00006736 - the 00493376; Always Decimal [reojillo]

Knowing this will do the same as in the previous step, marked the beginning of Block and its end (right click) that will be where we will copy our new_logo.gtf, overwriting naturally; Clipboard / Write.

Ok, at this point if all went well, and we would have our first image embedded in the raf, which would be the time to follow the following procedure, so up to 6. gtf. Patience bro...

Part IV - Packaging

Once embedded all gtf, s, is the time to compile again. RAF retracing the path of Part 1. That is, now is a matter of packaging it for return to its initial state.

Symplyzip execute and click on: Pogram external / ZLIB (package-unpack) and search our coldboot_unpacker to choose this time the option "Compress", which will generate a .ZLP

Now run the hex editor again, taking back Coldboot.raf (ORIGINAL) and. ZLP generated.

That is now a question of our coldboot.zlp incustrar the original raf, and to do the same procedure as in previous point, we copy the entire block. ZLP and overwrite from the Offset (Home) 00,000,008 to (final) 00051440.

Here and save as coldboot.raf embedded and ready to bake.

And I do not leave me anything, so we are left with the point of "tasting", and we must copy it to:

Flash Writer dev_hdd0/vsh/resource from Alexander Enabler, or any similar application and the help of some ftp or file manager.

Restart the machine and ready, that was my case and this is the result.

Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

65709402.jpg   coldboot.jpg   72695081.gif   57223200.gif   31806109.gif  

33496561.gif   94300725.gif   60212722.gif   46245982.gif  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    More pics for the first post...

46194803.gif   53119165.gif  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    lots of mistakes:
    • coldboot.raf is not in hdd0/vsh/resource its in flash0/vsh/resource
    • correct Code in Part 2 is: "gtf2dds -v new_logo.gtf new_logo_footer.gtf new_logo_blur.gtf new_logo_sd.gtf new_logo_sd_blur.gtf new_logo_sd_footer.gtf"
    • correct HD Resolution new_logo_footer.dds is 700px 350px
    • correct new_logo_blur.dds is 350 700px
    • second Code part is: "dds2gtf -v new_logo.gtf new_logo_footer.gtf new_logo_blur.gtf new_logo_sd.gtf new_logo_sd_blur.gtf new_logo_sd_footer.gtf"

Thanks mrmuppet, I have added your correction notes to the first post for clarification and +Rep!

Please would you upload your coldboot? I want to use that one

-z is the option for obtain the information of the extracted image. in this way is more comfortable for editing in photoshop...

ms2_c0d3.gif  

Good work. I go to study this..

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News