Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    where are you entering it? in the manual settup for dns settings? or in the proxy? and how do you have your ps3 and pc hooked up to your network/internet?

EDIT: what did you enter for the secondary dns?
    Last edited by smellykid101; 02-13-2011 at 11:21 PM Reason: dont want to double post.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i'm entering it in the manual dns settings on my ps3. my ps3 and laptop are both hooked up wirelessly.

secondary dns is 8888.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i wasnt able to get it workin with googles server, instead of 8.8.8.8 try entering whatever you see after typing "ipconfig /all" under DNS server. my settup ended with a "1" such as; 173.5.21.1 and where my laptop had something like 173.5.21.57 (notice the 57) see if that works.

I have a question. Can this work for hermes cfw 3.41? I tried the DNS Bypass before, 2 weeks ago and it worked fine. It didn't ask me to update or nothing.

Tried using DNS Server IP for Secondary DNS and I still got asked to update. I restarted my ps3, and both programs as well.

I'm trying this and get through fine up to the actual connecting part. Charles says the certificate fails with this message:

SSLHandshake: Received fatal alert: certificate_unknown. I've tried recopying several times (using the freeflash rather than AsbestOS) and comgenie but it still doesn't like my cert

what os are you running? have you double checked the "charles.config" & "ps3-updatelist.txt" files to be the 'correct' files in the 'correct' location? by 'correct' i mean the ones provided for YOUR region ie. US for canada and the states?

btw any firewalls? possibly something blocking access to your pc?

after you install the cert you reboot ur ps3 then you run PS3DNS and type ur country code then you run charles (i had to edit my settings under tools -->map local and change the *01.ps3.update.playstation.net and (/update/ps3/list/*/ps3-updatelist.txt to /update/ps3/list/us/ps3-updatelist.txt) fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net because im in the usa i also add to change the *01.ps3... under proxy -->resverse proxy and also under proxy-->proxy settings -->ssl tab make sure you edit the ps3-updatelist.txt to reflect one from you country then put it on the root of c:/) then after that i set my ps3 up as follows (i have linksys router):

ip address: 192.168.1.105
    subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    defualt router: 192.168.1.1
    primary DNS (MY PCS IP ADDRESS IP4 if using win vista or 7): 192.168.1.100
    secondary DNS (any DNS SERVER YOU CAN USE, I use google's and haven't had a problem yet) 8.8.8.8

both the PS3DNS and charles are running on my pc i have noticed charles will sometimes pop up and say allow connection from 192.168.1.105 which is my ps3 i hit allow then my connection test will go through.

NOTE if you get any error such as sign out or error while signing in just sign in again i've notice the PS3DNS will glitch sometimes and not redirect right.
    Last edited by slifer1231; 02-14-2011 at 12:27 AM

Quote Originally Posted by smellykid101 View Post
    what os are you running? have you double checked the "charles.config" & "ps3-updatelist.txt" files to be the 'correct' files in the 'correct' location? by 'correct' i mean the ones provided for YOUR region ie. US for canada and the states?

btw any firewalls? possibly something blocking access to your pc?
    charles.config and ps3-updatelist.txt are both the correct files, in the correct locations. i'm running 64bit windows 7, using 64bit charles aswell. i'm in the US, and i looked over the file and it's already configured for the us.

i just turned off my firewall... that's probably why lol... i'm gonna restart my ps3, charles and ps3dns.exe and see if i can get it working with my ip as primary dns and 8-8-8-8 as secondary dns. if not, then i don't know what i'm gonna do next...

thanks slifer, i changed all the *'s to 'us' and changed my primary ip to my ip4... i'm gonna try this again and see how it works out.
    Last edited by chomps268; 02-14-2011 at 12:36 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Chomps goodluck!

briqhtfame hermes cfw 3.41? worth a shot i guess. if you can get freeflash or asbestOS working on it?

tilla are you sure you didnt delete the original certificate from charles instead of just copying it? "C:\Program Files\Charles\doc"

Sponsored Links
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast