Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

How to Change the Region of Your PS3 Blu-ray Drive

Sponsored Links
    Ever since the first PS3 JailBreak was out i was hoping for a region patcher so I can watch all the blu ray discs i own no matter if region a/b/c and nobody ever knew how... after lots of research and checking around i present to you 3 patch*.txt files for lv2 patcher!

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] by bitsbubba

just copy the files into: /dev_hdd0/game/LV2000000/USRDIR

and the next time you start lv2 patcher you will have 3 new patches to choose from (region a/b/c)

once you patch you don't have to restart your ps3, it works right away! if you restart your ps3 the bd region is set to standard again.

tested & working for me on pal cechcxx machine with 3.55cfw (rebug & kmeaw) using kmeaw's lv2 patcher v9!

this only works for blu ray and nothing else, for dvd the old xregistry trick applies... i didn't code anything, just collected and tested, sources for this can be found here:

http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...-version-data/
    http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...n-is-Released/

thanks a million times to everyone involved, this now makes the ps3 the best bd player for that prize range!

Guide: How to Change the Region of Your PS3 Blu-ray Drive

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links

Question Possible to play other region PS2 games (not movies) in PS3 ?

Sponsored Links
    Just wanted to ask if the same region free registry hack for DVD playback would work for PS2 game discs from other regions ??

Would just patching the "/setting/bddvd/dvdRegionCode" entry be enough ? or are there some other fields to be patched also along with ?

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News