How to Bypass the Netflix 2.02 Update and Stay on PS3 CFW
If you're like me, you like to watch netflix on your ps3 to take use of your flat screen tv's huge real estate. Unfortunately along with the recent 3.56 and 3.60 fw updates, sony has updated netflix to 2.02 from 2.01. The problem is that 2.02 ONLY adds a check to see what firmware you are running, no other new features. So if you are running 3.55 CFW it will say you need to update to view Netflix. If you update and are still on a CFW, it will give you an error code.
First things first, if you did update, delete the installation and reinstall since the install file is 2.01, but hurry up as they will most likely change this as soon as possible.
Next we need to edit the PARAM.SFO file in NPUP000303 folder in hdd0/game, I suggest you use a hex editor and ONLY edit the app version and nothing else from 2.01 to 2.02. For Canadian, the folder ID should be NPUP00030
Go back to the movie section and then hit triangle /\ to check the version is in fact 2.02
If you guys still got problems with it, try rebooting the console, delete the netflix save under game data utility, and then reboot.
Launch and follow the instructions, if you get asked if you are a Netflix member then all should be fine.
I'm suprised more ppl haven't chimed in on this since it isn't working for everyone.
This is what worked for me:
1. Delete application from PS3
2. FTP into HDD0 and delete both folders NPUP0030 and NPUP0030-CACHE
3. Reinstall Netflix on the PS3, it will ask you to update to 2.02, hit cancel and go back to XMB
4. FTP back to NPUP00030 and replace with this PARAM.SFO (http://www.multiupload.com/IP1FN1DSCA)
5. Delete the Cache folder again.
6. Back to XMB and check to see if its still version 2.01, if it is, run Netflix again and exit once again when it asks you to update.
7. Check version on XMB, it should say 2.02.
8. Everything works!
You have to be logged into psn for this to work. This method isnt working anymore since sony updated psn with more elaborate fw version checks. We will have to wait for a new method to connect to psn before we can use this again.