Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Arrow Homemade PS3 Coolingpad Guide

Sponsored Links
    After a first YLOD, I bought a slim and made a nice COOL coolingpad for it. I couldn't find a nice one at the online store and decided to make one. The result is great, the PS3 runs much cooler.

Sorry for the typo, I'm from Holland. Here is a small tut...

At the bottom of your ps3 (slim) you see the air intake between these lines

The parts what I have used are:

2 aliminium plates 40cm x 30cm

These Xilence 120mmfans are very quit

On/off switch

Power adapter

Power Tape

Led light strips to pimp the cooler

Something for the bottem of your pad to lift it

Some wires and a transparant placemat
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

0.jpg   1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   5.jpg   4.jpg  

6.jpg   7.jpg  

Sponsored Links

Part 2

Sponsored Links
    After all the parts, I started to use my imagination

1. Place the ledstrips on the plate with sided adhesive tape

2. The green tape on each corner is to prevent the fans from vibrating when toching the aliminium plates

3. Fasten your fans on one of the aliminium plates with the buttons or screws, in the line of the airintake from your PS3

4. Connect all the red wires (+) and the black wires (-)

5. Connect your fancables +/- for safety with a cable connector like this. The other side is +/- for your power adapter.

6. Put the power button through one of the holes of the plate and fasten with the button cap. You may need to make the hole bigger. Connect the wires of the on/off switch between one wire of your power adapter to let the switch work

7. Fasten your second aliminium plate to the fans with the butons/screws

8. For the edges between the plates you can simple cut a tranparent placemat in size and close it, fasten with the power tape.

This is the result.

Greetzz from Holland

8.jpg   13.jpg   10.jpg   11.jpg   15.jpg   16.jpg  

17.jpg   19.jpg   18.jpg   21.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Very cool (no pun intended ) and +Rep for sharing the guide as well Tiger007!

hey thats not too bad. this is also universal which is cool. perhaps a v2 would include the power supply into the framework and have a single wire going to the plug point. in v3 you could even add a relay triggered by the usb port on most consoles these days and use the relay to power the device when the console is enabled. keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Very cool (no pun intended ) and +Rep for sharing the guide as well Tiger007!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Anger007 View Post
    hey thats not too bad. this is also universal which is cool. perhaps a v2 would include the power supply into the framework and have a single wire going to the plug point. in v3 you could even add a relay triggered by the usb port on most consoles these days and use the relay to power the device when the console is enabled. keep up the good work.
    Hey there thank you for your ideas. Maybe I add a fan controller too
    Last edited by Tiger007; 10-08-2012 at 11:44 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i wonder - what about having a thermal sensor coming out the back to detect the consoles heat (will work with all current consoles) and you could use one of those fan speed controllers for pc (the ones that fit in a drive bay and read cpu temps) which is ready made and comes with a temp sensor so all you would need to do is rig up something for the thermal sensor and integrate it into your design. thats a costly approach however but its another idea i had.

just ignore me now, my ideas are getting a bit silly for a cooler me thinks - i have too much free time as you can see lol.

anyway i'm liking your work keep up the good work.

Very cool. I have seen people use laptop coolers on the PS3, but yours looks better than most of those.

How much was your total cost for this project?

Quote Originally Posted by Anger007 View Post
    just ignore me now, my ideas are getting a bit silly for a cooler me thinks - i have too much free time as you can see lol.
    I really like your ideas lol

Quote Originally Posted by windrider42 View Post
    How much was your total cost for this project?
    The total cost was about 35 euro's. The power adapter not included, this one was from my old multi-carger.

Cool

Awesome! Thanks for the detailed guide

Exclamation Safety

Important! I saw that step 5 in part 2 is missing..

Connect your fancables +/- for safety with a cable connector like this. The other side is +/- for your power adapter

12.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News