Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Arrow Guide: Use Your PS3 to Download Torrent Files

Sponsored Links
    Ken_vs_ryu has found a way to download torrent files directly to the PS3 without using a client.

Here are the instructions on downloading torrents directly to the PS3 via TorrentRelay, please use with caution and intelligence:

1. Find a torrent file link.
    2. Copy .torrent link (ie: www.mininova.org/get/########)
    3. Go to http://torrentrelay.com
    4. Click on the 2nd input box with [Get URL] next to it, and type in the link from step #2.
    5. Click on [Get URL].
    6. Click on the file you want. It will list all the files available on the torrent.
    7. Save As dialog should pop up.
    8. We only tried an MP3, and it was downloaded directly into the Music folder. Video below:

Note: This really isn't good for the torrent community since the PS3 cannot seed files, but it's interesting that it's possible.

Guide: Use Your PS3 to Download Torrent Files

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    it wont work with bigger files... dont know exactly the limit but i think its 100mb?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    it's a good idea, but for video the codec may not be on the PS3.

ciao dall'italia

Thumbs Up cool

Damn that is FXN cool

Awesome stuff, thanks!

I'll give it a shot...

would be nice not to have to transfer to PS3

That will be cool as long as it works... I will try it on my ps3.. Thanks !!!

Eventually I hope it'll be plausible to turn the PS3 into a full-blown RSS-downloading torrent machine, mostly for my weekly anime episode fix.

Indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalkz View Post
    it wont work with bigger files... dont know exactly the limit but i think its 100mb?
    I tried to download a file (using an HTTP file server) but I couldn't transfer a full video.

However, I was able to "stream" it to the PS3...

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News