Ok so i recently got mk9 and have been enjoying it quiet a bit, I downloaded the all the files except for the save game, One file had 2 folders in it bles01132 and blus30522, in those folder were ps3toc and coalesced.ini, and the other file had a folder called blus30522mk9pset which had the folders blus30522mk9pset and blus30522mk9gset which each had various files in them (param.sfo, icon0, pic1, param.pfd, snd0.at3, mk9pset/mk9gest).
Now, on the guide it said to place the ps3toc in /usrdir and coalesced in the usrdir/config. So naturally I thought it would be in the game folder that I had the game stored on my usb harddrive, so I opened up openps3ftp and navigated to game directory on my external harddrive, for some reason the ps3_game folder wouldn't show up, it only had ps3_update folder (which was empty) and the ps3_disc.sfb.
SO i went in search of where I could put those files and found a folder on my hdd0/game labeled blus30522 (mk9 game folder) in there was a usrdir folder which had the files that i was suppose to replace. So I replaced the files and I also copy all the files from the blus30522mk9pset folder I downloaded over to the hdd0/game/blus30522 on my ps3 harddrive.
When I got boot the game it tries to load then says the game data is corrupted, delete and restart to play the game. So I tried deleting the game data using the ps3 game data utility but it didn't find any mk9 data, I tried deleting it through openps3ftp and it didn't do anything.
Then I went to mulitman to see if i could delete it or figure something out that way, when I opened the file manager and started browsing through the folders I found my self on my external harddrive in the mk9 game folder and this time it had the ps3_game in it! for some reason it just wasn't showing up in the ftp, i don't know why.
Anyways so now I don't know what to do to fix the game data problem or rest it or whatever. Does anyone have any suggestions aside from, deleting save data, trying a different user account, or manually deleting the game data folder? I guess if nothing else I can rerip from the disc.
Sorry for all the misspelled words and the grammar problems, I was in a hurry lol.
Last edited by ixitimmyixi; 05-01-2011 at 07:03 PMReason: Automerged Doublepost
Oh i fixed the problem I was having, In case anyone else runs into a similar problem, I just went to multiman and updated the game through multiman. I thought I would have to redo the patch fix but it worked just fine, not problems at all. I'm 3.55 kmeaw, 3.6 spoofer, fat 40gig system. Thanks for all the help everyone!
Ok, I don't understand half of what you're all saying. "Just change the files in such and such directory. Use FlashFXP to connect to your PS3" HOW??
Please don't assume everyone knows how to do all the things you suggest. I understand that its more satisfying to do it for yourself, but for crying out loud, I'm trying to hack a game, not solve world hunger.
Here are some more updates for those interested via Scorpion2k7 and others: psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85294
Unlock Mortal Kombat 9 Bosses Skarlet Classic Mileena Toilet Paper Costumes Mods - Just some random footage demonstrating the new hack. This hack unlocks Skarlet, all the bosses, and all classic costumes from MK1 and MK3.
02) Delete all of your Game Data for Mortal Kombat on your PS3 by going to “Game Data Utility” and “Saved Data Utility.” If you have anything saved, you must delete and start fresh.
If you never modded your MK9 game:
03) Go to “Mortal_Kombat_9_-_Bosses_+_Skarlet_+_Classic_Costumes_ModBosses_Mod (Your Game Region)” and replace the
- PS3TOC.TXT (USRDIR)
04) Go to “Mortal_Kombat_9_-_Bosses_+_Skarlet_+_Classic_Costumes_ModBosses_Mod ” and replace the following files:
- UI_PS_VS_JPEGS_PS3.XXX (USRDIRASSET)
- UI_PS_VS_PS3_N.XXX (USRDIRASSET)
- UI_PS_VS_PS3.XXX (USRDIRASSET)
If you are on 3.55 custom firmware follow step 05, if below 3.55 skip this step:
05) Go to “Mortal_Kombat_9_-_Bosses_+_Skarlet_+_Classic_Costumes_ModMK9_1.02_R etail_Update” in your Package
Manager and install the following file:
Everyone continues here:
06) Now, depending on your game region(BLUS OR BLES), install the following file from your Package Manager located in “Mortal_Kombat_9_-_Bosses_+_Skarlet_+_Classic_Costumes_ModCharacter_ +_Costumes_Mod”:
07) Now, once again, depending on your game region(BLUS OR BLES), install the following file from your Package
Manager located in “Mortal_Kombat_9_-_Bosses_+_Skarlet_+_Classic_Costumes_ModBosses_Mod ”:
08) COMPLETE! Now just run MultiMAN or whatever your preferred manager is and refresh the game list if it doesn’t do it for you, then play!