Guide: PS3 SAK (Swiss Army Knife) for Noobs Available
I've decided to write this tutorial because I had some trouble with PS3 SAK and Windows sharing.
First off, you have to go into the control panel on your P.C., double-click on folder options, then click on view, and all the way at the bottom of the addvanced settings there is an option called "use simple file sharing" uncheck it and click apply and ok. This will enable you to share files between your PS3 and your PC!
Next thing you need to do is create a file on your PC (whatever you want, GAMES, PS3, anything) than right-click that folder and go into properties. From here, go into sharing and click 'share this folder' then click on permissions and click "full control". Make sure you apply all settings before exiting.
Ok now boot up that old PS3 Swiss Army Knife for step #2. Choose option 3 (Windows Share), and put in your IP address. You can get your IP address by simply going into control panel again, go into "network connections" dubble click on "local area connections" and then on support, and all your IP information will be right there.
Now it will ask you for a folder name.. put in the folder that you enabeled for sharing (duh). Then it will ask for user name (your Windows user name) and your Windows password. Now all you have to do is label the game or movie your backing up (ie. littlebigplanet.iso).
Hit enter and it will start! Now you can go to your PC and check on the progress of your transfer. Games take up to 2 hours for 6-7 gigs. I hope this tutorial helps out.
Note: If anyone could help me, I'm trying to put the ISO on EXT HDD, but it says not enough space on HD! But I have over 230 GIGS on the EXT HD so why is this, do I have to format my EXT HD?
Any help would be great.. Thank you and happy hacking everyone!!!
to answer ur question about putting the iso file onto your ext hdd its prolly because the format is a fat32 and that format cant store a file larger than 4gb so you have to reformat your ext hdd to ntfs. but you wont be able to connect it to your ps3 with that format. i hope this helps
Nice tutorial. Another good way to get the ISO's from the internal hard drive would be:
*Make sure you have your PS3 hooked up on a local network, will need to be wired.
1. Backup your game to internal HDD
2. Look for IP address in the top left hand of the screen (when it goes back to options)
2. Open up internet explorer, firefox or whatever web brower your using.
3. Type your PS3 IP address into the address bar (usually 192.168.*.*)
4. You will have list of options like browse hdd, browse disc use windows share etc (in browser)
5. Go to browse HDD and look for the ISO you backed up. Click on it, and then click download file, choose directory and it will copy pretty fast over local connection to your PC HDD or external HDD (NTFS preferably), usually at 4-6mb/s dependant on connection and router.
You now have exported a backup using your PC rather than PS3.
If you are looking for a specific file, you can browse the contents of the disc and download the file to pc or simply open it (using a temp dir).