Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up Guide to Installing PS3 Rebug v1.0.1 - n00b Friendly!

Sponsored Links
    Ok, since plenty of people are having trouble doing this, I'll take a few minutes to clear things up...

Updated Guide:

Rebug v1.0.1 can be installed from the XMB (System Update) Some people CANNOT install from the XMB (Older PS3 models)

INSTALL REBUG FROM XMB:

1) Unzip the Rebug PUP onto a FAT32 USB drive. The update needs to go in PS3/UPDATE <- ALL CAPITALS

2) Turn on your PS3 (without JB) and insert your USB drive

3) Go to 'System Update' in the settings menu

4a) If your console finds the PUP - follow the onscreen instructions and you're done!

4b) If you console DOES NOT find the update ('No applicable data found...') then you need to install via SERVICE MODE (read on)

INSTALL REBUG FROM SERVICE MODE:

1) Start your console in Service Mode (PSGrade, E3 Card Reader, WHICHEVER DONGLE YOU USE TO DOWNGRADE) and remove your dongle once in service mode.

2) Copy LV2DIAG.SELF (FILE 1) & the MODIFIED v3.41 PUP to the ROOT of your USB drive

3) Power off your console (power button) and insert your USB drive into the FAR RIGHT USB PORT

4) Power on your console - you will get a blank screen but should see the HDD & USB drive flicker showing data transfer. DO NOT SWITCH OFF!

5) When complete, the green LED will flash and your console SHOULD turn itself off. If not, wait 2-3 mins and then power off using the AC switch

6) Once complete, replace the MODIFIED 3.41 PUP with the RETAIL 3.41 PUP (can be found in downloads section) & repeat steps 2 - 5

7) Once this is compete, replace the RETAIL 3.41 PUP with the Rebug 3.41 PUP & repeat steps 2-5

8) Remove your USB drive and replace the LV2DIAG.SELF file with FILE 2 from the DGF pack and insert back into the FAR RIGHT USB port on your PS3

9) Switch your console on, it should switch itself off after a few seconds (Red LED - Standby) IF NOT - Power cycle the AC and try again.

10) Once the PS3 has powered off, remove your USB drive & cycle the AC power once more.

You now should have v3.41 firmware with Debug options enabled!

FINAL NOTES:

IF YOU CANNOT DOWNGRADE YOUR PS3 (NEW CECH-25 SLIMS) THEN THIS GUIDE IS USELESS TO YOU - PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME HOW TO DOWNGRADE THESE CONSOLES.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO JAILBREAK YOUR CONSOLE TO RUN REBUG - JAILBREAK IS ONLY NEEDED TO RUN BACKUP MANAGERS/HOMEBREW ETC

Original Guide:

For a lot of people, installing Rebug from XMB doesn't work.

DO NOT INSTALL IN RECOVERY MODE!!! YOU WILL GET ERROR 8002F2ED (but your console will be ok!)

Here's what to do (tested myself several times)

1) Downgrade with the modified 3.41 PUP (PSGrade, PSKey etc)
    2) Then downgrade using the RETAIL 3.41 PUP (While still in service mode)
    3) Then using the same method, downgrade using the Rebug PUP

When complete, your console MAY NOT switch itself off (mine didn't) - wait for 2-3 minutes then turn off using the POWER BUTTON - NOT the AC switch

Finally, replace the LV2Diag.self on your USB drive to exit Service Mode - once your console turns off, remove your USB drive & cycle the AC power.

Your data WILL NOT BE LOST - your profile will be restored once you setup the system time etc.

Enjoy your Rebugged 3.41 PS3!!!

Here are some payloads to use with Rebug (USBHID bootloader)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mushy409; 01-08-2011 at 06:26 PM Reason: Added some extra info

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cool tut although mine worked with no issues

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the guide mushy409 and +Rep!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is only going to work on the older PS3 models right?

I'm not able to downgrade to factory 3.41, or ANY older version firmware, with my slim. Is that about right for the slim??

Thanks boss.

If you can't downgrade your PS3 in the first place then why are you reading this?

And yes, this is for those people who are having trouble getting the PS3 to install the PUP from system update menu.

I just found this post when looking at the 3.55 downgrade: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post351579

3.5 is downgradeable since quite a while with one exception: The new PS3 Slims with CECH 25xx that block the downgrade.

I happen to have one of those, so i'm pretty excited about getting signed apps and CFWs that allow backups.

I just checked and my slim is a: CECH - 2101A but I am NOT able to downgrade to the factory 3.41 using my PS3 break... Is this right? Do I have an un-downgradeable one??

I'm tyring to find out IF I CAN downgrade... I've been having problems but I'm not sure if I can or not...
    Last edited by hardhouseinc; 01-09-2011 at 12:45 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey there!

Just a question, with the new Rebug 3.41E Beta v1.0.1 PUP are you able to install that through the XMB or not?

Another question; everytime you boot up, do you have to jailbreak?

Registered User somefordarnayer's Avatar
    useful guide, thanks!

In what fw are you are in the moment?

I'm making this question because i have a cech2101a too in fw 3.5, but i'm waiting to arrival my e3 card.
    Last edited by DENEGRAO; 01-09-2011 at 01:37 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Rebug v1.0.1 I used is the 3.41 as I downgraded my PS3 to 3.41

I don't have access to any slim PS3s to test any further so I can't comment on which consoles are downgradeable etc.

I use my own JB dongle (homemade PIC18F2455 HID dongle) which I can program for downgrade/Jailbreak/whatever.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News