Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Guide: How to Transfer PS3 Data from 3.65 to 3.55 Firmware

Sponsored Links
    Today XDev shared a guide and video on how to transfer PS3 data from 3.65 to 3.55 Custom Firmware allowing PlayStation 3 CFW users to get their accounts that are on OFW to CFW.

To quote: This is useful for those that need to get PS3 DLC map packs accounts ect on their 3.55. Better doing this then having to readd accounts ect all over again after every data transfer like I was.
    • First off the regular PS3 needs to be on 3.65 Firmware. Your second PS3 needs to Be on a 3.55 CFW "Not Rebug"
    • Next you will need to download the 3.65 spoofer.
    • After You have done the above you will need too place the 3.65 spoofer onto the root of a USB memory device.
    • Once done then place USB in ps3 start up ps3 and go too install package files and install the 3.65 spoofer.
    • Once installed start up the spoofer and follow on screen instructions.
    • After all this you are done you can successfully transfer data between your 3.65 and 3.55 ps3 either way no problems.

Credit to Skatekid for tutorial.
    Credit to me for proof.

And yes, it works from 3.61 to 3.55 IN MY CASE.. works 3.65 to 3.55 too. I already had spoofer turned on as you can see in video, on my 3.55 kmeaw.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    A member on Nextgenupdate found this last week...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yep, that would be XDev from NGU as posted HERE. If you see news before others on PS3 News submit it, you can also do so HERE as well and I will +Rep ya!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes correct, Someone did indeed submit news of this a week ago or so, But it got deleted due to no one testing, So i thought id go ahead and made a video of it.

I also added credit to him, on NGU. Thanks tho for main paging this PS3 NEWS.

To bad my XDev name was already taken on here Sad times.. haha
    Last edited by XDeveloper; 06-21-2011 at 04:49 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It's all very nice and usefull but isn't the Data Transfer utility designed to wipe / remove the content from the source PS3 after the transfer? You'd need at least to perform the full backup of 3.56 OFW PS3 prior that...

I haver never tried this before, does it transfer psn games including licenses?

Yes - it least in the start it has transfered everything, including the copy protected game saves etc.

funny if we can transfer more than simple save game...

Something I have been doing for months , and I posted about it.

Its wicked the news is finally getting though, and people being able to have, two or more ps3's with identical users, trophies,games, films, music, Roms, and emulators, and last but not least Homebrew. Its been the best way to backup for me since day one of jail breaking my ps3, when Geo released his patched firmware.

Now you can see what you can do with data transfer, now will you see how to further exploit the ps3.

Catch up peoples.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    It's all very nice and usefull but isn't the Data Transfer utility designed to wipe / remove the content from the source PS3 after the transfer? You'd need at least to perform the full backup of 3.56 OFW PS3 prior that...
    i was under the impression that it does wipe; anyone test for sure?

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News