Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the little guide, will come in handy.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Soo, after hours of searching and trying I give up! I need really help at this. It doesn't would run at my PS3. So i try now to tell you what i do step by step, i think thats the easiest way:

Quote Originally Posted by aries2k6 View Post
    1. You have to convert the game save to .psu format or raw format. Raw format is a save with with all the files extracted in a folder instead of 1 file with an extension like .max
    I got no .max file?! that is all i have (Final Fantasy X):

and this inside off the folder

Nothing with an .max extension!? Maybe is this the reason?! I don't know
    Open ps2 save converter, click the OPEN button, select your gamesave, then select SAVE using the save as .psu option. convert all your saves to .psu format and put them anywhere on the usb.
    passed

Make a folder on the root of your usb named SWAPMAGIC. Rename uLaunch.elf to SMBOOT0.ELF and put inside the swapmagic folder.
    Passed

2. Boot Swapmagic on the PS3.
    For SM 3.6+ at the menu screen press D-Pad up and L1 to start ulaunch.elf

For SM 3.8coder, goto the SMBOOT menu and select SMBOOT0
    Once uLaunch.elf starts go to the Filebrowser, navigate to mass(usb device) and select your .psu save. Hit R1 for the option menu and select copy. Go to mc0: or mc:1 and hit R1 then select psuPaste. uLaunch.elf unpacks the save and youīll see the gamesave folder with the files inside. If the save is in Raw format, you select the game save folder, hit R1, then copy. go to mc0 or mc1: and select mcPaste.

3. Exit to the XMB. you should now see your game saves. Thatīs it. you can now play your games using the saves you just imported.
    also passed. So What's the catch?
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

untitled1.bmp   untitled2.bmp   untitled3.bmp  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi Tonyyayo,

Ok, 1st, lets backup. Can or load uLaunch.elf on the ps3 or not? because on your 1st post you said it freezes but on the 2nd you say it passed.
    If you can boot uLaunch.elf, then great, no problems with the usb device or Swapmagic, so on to the next problem.

That gamesave, where did you get it from? If the game save isnīt a file with an extension (.max,.xps, etc), then itīs in RAW format. you donīt have to use the ps2converter. you could just use this step.

"If the save is in Raw format, you select the game save folder, hit R1, then copy. go to mc0 or mc1: and select mcPaste."

Ok, so hereīs where Iīm a little confused. on your post it seems you converted the save to .psu format and copied it to the vmc, right? but the save doesnīt show up in the XMB? you should at least have a corrupt icon on the xmb.

So I think your problem is the gamesave. As far as I know, if the save is in RAW format, you should only have 1 Folder with files inside. From the PIC you took, saveconverter says thereīs no valid icon.sys, so something is definately wrong with the save.
    can you try the process with a different save?

ps. you a Scarface fan, tonyyayo? Great movie.

Oh sry because the 1st step, i got an other pen drive So and now i tried this all without converting. I copied this save game (it's one of my own. I copied it whit "Ultramem" from memory Card to my pen drive) in RAW from pen drive to VMC with "mcpaste" like you telling it But the same problem!? And i got again this corrupt icon.

I try now my other saves! What i do whit the one file outside off the folder?! Don't using?
    Last edited by tonyyayo; 02-20-2009 at 09:53 AM

Ya, you get the corrupt icon because of no valid icon.sys. I have no idea about the file outside the folder. So, the problem seems to be "Ultramem".

Letīs get rid of that step, since it wasnīt in the guide.
    If the save is on a ps2 memcard, Iīm assuming you still have a ps2, right? So boot up uLaunch.elf on the ps2 and use that to copy your game save from the memcard to the usb, then from usb to the vmc on the ps3.
    That should solve the problem.

out of curiosity, what is Ultramem? a ps2 cd or a specific memcard, or ps2/pc app?
    Last edited by aries2k6; 02-20-2009 at 01:05 PM Reason: one more question

Ya, ok! I will tried it later and Ultramem is this: http://www.consoleplus.co.uk/product_info.php?pName=ultramem-64mb-usb-memory-drive-for-ps2

Yay, thank you! It works!!! I'm freaking out Nice work here!

First off, thank you for the great guide, I accidently deleted my Metal Gear Solid 3 save that I had been working on for a while...

But: I don't get the "psuPaste" option, just the normal one.

I assume that is why my files come up as corrupted?
    Last edited by bigdave898; 05-22-2009 at 01:00 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave898 View Post
    First off, thank you for the great guide, I accidently deleted my Metal Gear Solid 3 save that I had been working on for a while...

But: I don't get the "psuPaste" option, just the normal one.

I assume that is why my files come up as corrupted?
    Hi bigdave.
    You only use the psuPaste option if the save is in .psu format. What format is your game save in?
    You can always tell wich saves will appear as corrupt in the XMB. use uLaunch.elf to look at what you have in the vmc. Any single files wil be corrupt data. to be a legitimate ps2 save you need a folder and 2 files inside, icon.sys and icon.ico. so if your just copying a file over, it will appear as corrupt. the mcPASTE function works with the save Folder format.

Give me a more detailed explanation and Iīm sure we can work it out.

If I post my .psu file could some convert it to .psv format for me? It would be greatly appreciated...

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News