Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by mairsy7 View Post
    hmmm everything i download just wont install. who has got anything to install on fw 2.40?? i get it under the games icon but then it gives a error upon install.
    What even ordinary demos, not just the SSHD update??

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well i just tryd the lost planet 1 just to see, that gave me same error. are you able to install others fine?? sent you my psn id in a msg mate.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked insanity View Post
    What even ordinary demos, not just the SSHD update??
    I will check this out but recently I have been having some trouble with the new proxy method. I only just got the SSHD update working once yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked insanity View Post
    I will check this out but recently I have been having some trouble with the new proxy method. I only just got the SSHD update working once yesterday.
    tested with Echochrome EU demo, RESULT: same 8002AE04 error

conclusion: $ONY must have fixed this method for 2.40 by the way it checks with the file name of the pkg or similar.
    Last edited by wicked insanity; 07-05-2008 at 06:02 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

does it work on 2.40 FW?

Quote Originally Posted by ifhd View Post
    does it work on 2.40 FW?
    Public statement by wicked insanity:
    "As far as I know and have tested the PS3.proxy method no longer works on PS3 firmware version 2.40. Platstation users can download game demos and other .pkg files from their PC using the PS3.Proxy application by CF3B5 onto their PS3 HDD and the downloads are visible in their bubble icons under the game icon of the PS3 XMB; however, upon commencing installation, the user is faced with an error, code 8002AE04."

"I and several others currently using the latest PS3 2.40 firmware have not been succesful in installing a PS3 game demo through the PS3.Proxy method."
    I believe this is a copyright error.

"It is therefore conclusive the through this system software (f/w v2.40) that SONY has, at least temporarily (for the time being, until another method is discovered), have fixed this exploit."
    Last edited by wicked insanity; 07-05-2008 at 09:15 PM

damn!! well sony will have to release 2.41 because of the trouble people have had with 2.40. hopefully it will open the doors again for the exploit. wishful thinking i know.

now no downloads work i tried almost all suggestions.. now way to make it work on 2.40 firmware.. you can dl it.. but as soon as you go to install you get an error...

sighs.. reading about copyright errors on v2.40 has put me on a downer. Least now i know why im getting this error msg.

Im also like Wkd trying to get SSHD update 4.00 installed using all the tips 'n tricks. If anyone get get past this copyright error i'll look forward to reading your post.

i have fw 2.41 and i can use proxy server

Quote Originally Posted by wero92 View Post
    i have fw 2.41 and i can use proxy server
    can u tell me how u do it please... ?

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast