Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by sithvegeta View Post
    Same here. The update probably broke ps3proxy :\

Actually. There is a way around this problem.

If you go to the Playstation store and download a demo and click download in the background and then download another demo and click download in background (click the download in the background button really fast!)

Then go to your download management screen and pause the second download and then the first one. Now replace the second downloads url in ps3proxy and resume its download. It should download the demo or whatever you what in that games place. Install it like normal then restart your ps3. (This is how I just downloaded the korean MegaTV app).
    did you get the app to run, when i try it says you dont have the software to run this app, or something like that..

cheers

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've followed the steps that tell you to download two large demos, and cancel one and yada yada yada... And now I'm not sure if I'm downloading the demo again (from PSN), or if it's 'downloading' it from my computer.

It's going at about 1MB/sec, which seems fast for my internet, but slow for my network... and I really don't want to be downloading another large demo from the net. (I have a limited download amount with my ISP).

Is there any way to be sure that I'm doing this right?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    @BlackMamba7:
    If you use sithvegeta's method, the first demo will download from the PSN (it should be large, to give you time to do the yada yada). You can know if it is downloading from your PC, if the size of the second demo (which should select one larger than the demo to be installed) is reported as the same size of the one on your PC while it is downloading.

For faster download, try configuring your PS3 network settings to use cable connection instead of wireless. In this case your PS3 should be connected to the router via the network cable. In my case, this changed increased the transfer from 1MB/s to 3MB/s.

Quote Originally Posted by aldostools View Post
    @BlackMamba7:
    If you use sithvegeta's method, the first demo will download from the PSN (it should be large, to give you time to do the yada yada). You can know if it is downloading from your PC, if the size of the second demo (which should select one larger than the demo to be installed) is reported as the same size of the one on your PC while it is downloading.

For faster download, try configuring your PS3 network settings to use cable connection instead of wireless. In this case your PS3 should be connected to the router via the network cable. In my case, this changed increased the transfer from 1MB/s to 3MB/s.
    Thanks for the reply. I am actually using a wired connection at the moment... but I figured out a good test to see whether or not it was downloading from the computer or internet was to look at the HDD activity light on my computer.

Unfortunately, it WAS downloading from the internet... which probably means I didn't do the steps quick enough... I might try again later and see how I go.

Thanks aldostools for the trick.

From my 2.35 fw, I can tell it works like a charm

jesushy
    I dont get it. Can someone make a video on how to do it? thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jesushy View Post
    I dont get it. Can someone make a video on how to do it? thank you
    I believe it doesn't work for 2.36 yet. Wait for someone to post a new guide soon. I get an error when trying to do it.

Installing demos on 2.35 Fw

Hi all,

i had the same problem with installing demos through the ps3.proxy, but now i found that the problem only occurs while trying to install on a new demo game link downloaded from the playstation network (eg haze), to fix this just start downloading a older demo (like R&C Tod) and than use the "replacing file" method via ps3.proxy.server, and that should fix your problem.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by aldostools View Post
    The new method to install demos now require to use the real link of the demo in the Proxy Server and download it from the PSN store where it is originally available (instead of use the Folding@Home).

For the games that are not longer available in the PSN store, use sithvegeta's method. Here are the steps in detail:
    0- In the PS3 Proxy clear all the demo related links in the "Replace Files" tab
    1- In the PSN store, go to your download list.
    2- Start the download of a large game (it doesn't matter if it is already installed)
    3- Select download it in background
    4- Immediately select a second large game (it can be any, just a different game)
    5- Keep pressing X several times until the download go to background. It is important that you do this fast.
    6- Exit from PSN store, and go to pause both downloads. (Do this fast too)
    7- In the PS3 Proxy Server, copy the URL of the second game (the game selected in the step 4)
    8- Go to "Replace Files" tab, press Add button and paste it in the left field and select the browse button to select the local PKG of the game that you want to install.
    9- In the PS3, cancel the first download and resume the second download (it should say 0% and that it downloaded 32KB).
    10- After download you will see a PKG installer listed in a bubble in the Games menu (but with the name of the game you selected in the step 4).
    11- Press X to install the PKG, at the end you will notice that you really installed the PKG downloaded from the Proxy.

I used this method to install successfully the Folklore "Exclusive" Demo EUR and a couple more, which are not longer available in any of the PSN stores.
    I can confirm that this works for 2.36. I didnt even get 32kb and it worked (I started at like 500 something kb...my internet too fast)

What I'm getting from this is, this process is used to backup your demo's onto your pc. Has anyone tried to take these demo's and transfer them to a flash drive to be stored also?

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast