Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I am testing it now, if this works I'll be uber happy and sad at the same time. I'll upload the file with instructions if it works (and cry)

rmmod udf and than modprobe udf
    rmmod udf says does not exist in /proc/modules
    modprobe says Invalid module format

I replaced the UDF.ko file and rebooted and all and tried the commands...no luck

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    And whats happen when you try to mount an bluray movie after replacing the udf module ?

The command to try this is like "mount -t udf /dev/cdrom /mnt/dvd" where /mnt/dvd can be any empty folder.

If this didnt work you can check the logfile or run "dmesg | tail" and if there is still something like "UDF-fs: minUDFReadRev=250 (max is 201)" inside it mean that your udf still didnt support udf 2.5

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nothing out of the ordinary, just like usual. I'll upload the two files anyways

The command is "mount -t udf /dev/cdrom /mnt/dvd" where /mnt/dvd can be any empty folder.

If you cant mount it check your logfile or run "dmesg | tail" if you see something like "UDF-fs: minUDFReadRev=250 (max is 201)" your UDF isnt still 2.5

Here's a problem I've been having.

When I initially did the linux install I chose the 10Gig linux/50 gig PS3 split. So now when I try to do the backup following this method it fails because it runs out of space.

If I connect an external drive that is fat32 it fails because of the 4gb file limit. Can I map a drive via smb to a windows machine? I'm a linux newb so I don't fully understand the commands I would need to do that if it exists.

Is there a way to make yellowdog linux read and write to an NTFS partition. If it could I think that would make life a bit easier.

Format in Ext3 and use Ext2FS on Windows. Also my newest guide enables NTFS write support.

Quote Originally Posted by vaan2 View Post
    May be its mistake in instruction? Try not \ but /

dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/imagename.img
    Damn, it took me an hour to find out! Thanks for the instruction, but I think this error needs to be fixed. Because there might be more linux newbies like me will get stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by jh87 View Post
    Damn, it took me an hour to find out! Thanks for the instruction, but I think this error needs to be fixed. Because there might be more linux newbies like me will get stuck.
    I agree, sorry about that.

The guide on the first page has been updated with the correction now.

Hi hacked2123,

Thanks for replying to my thread regarding the Ext2fs problem. For unknown reason, I am not allowed to reply to that thread. (thread closed?).

So my answer to your question: It it the first time that I use Ext2fs. By the way, I acutally using the ext2 volumn manager from the Extfsd. Not sure if there is any different. Actually, I encountered this problem while following your guide here. I dumped the blueray movie image already, but unable to proccede due to the the PS3 linux drive not readable by my window PC. Any suggestion?

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News