Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It all depends on the size... if it's small then sure! If it's like 100MB+ then no basically.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hi guys in step 14. Windows_BTN+R (run) - type cmd.exe

what we have to do? did you mean to open a cmd prompt? or some tricky stuff to do and thanks for all the great work you did hacked2123

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by simops View Post
    hi guys in step 14. Windows_BTN+R (run) - type cmd.exe

what we have to do? did you mean to open a cmd prompt? or some tricky stuff to do and thanks for all the great work you did hacked2123
    Yeah, I meant this guide to be ultra newb friendly. Didn't want to say run the command prompt or run cmd. Just press buttons and type what I say and all the thought process should be gone (I wished). Anyways I still will be modest and say I haven't done much. If I do complete another guide it will be screen capture/picture aided. No confusion that way

Alright I stayed up all night working on installing UDF 2.5 on linux. I was unsuccesful, but what I did accomplish is gaining a full under standing of how the kernel recompiling works. The problem ended up being the patch rather than me (its not the patch above, trying that one next)

Anyways I figure this one out there wil be yet another guide, and I haven't installed VLC yet either so that will be in brackets. If PS3News will host the file (I expect it to be no more than 60Mb) the guide will be for fresh YDL 5 (no updated kernel) and will be as simple as unzip this with this command type this, then this, then this, then this.

The results of UDF 2.5 support on YDL 5 for PS3:
    Support for the XBOX-360 external HD-DVD drive on the linux
    Mountable blu-rays
    ---this means conversion times to get it to XMB or play it in Linux will take no more time than the time to decrypt it (+50 min if you are going to XMB (split and encode) )
    ---no more "dd if..." for backing up your bluray

The recompiling of the kernel will take time (on your end) though, even if I can take the 'effort' out of it.

PS3 Square Button Need Help

Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    4. Type "dd if=\dev\cdrom of=\imagename.img"
    (4.5 Type "dd if=\dev\cdrom of=\mnt\sdc\imagename.img"
    i have trouble with step 4, somehow the command does not work for me.
    if u have any ideas on what im doing wrong, plz reply me....

Quote Originally Posted by vaan2 View Post
    May be its mistake in instruction? Try not \ but /

dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/imagename.img
    This works.

I'm a linux newb. Can someone tell me how to make the image file go to my external drive instead of my PS3 hard drive? My PS3 drive only has 4 gigs left so it can't handle the space of Blu-Ray. Thanx.

[Those Things That Beavers MAKE!!!!]

I was looking at the date on the make of the above listed UDF 2.5 patch, it matches the date I had. When I attempted to install the modules after I created the vmlinux I get an error on the linux/fs/udf/inode.c that says what I interpreted as "you can not have code and comment on the same line, the standard says so".

I'm going look code and see if I correct it, this is way out of my league (I am very close to being a linux newb), but yea, get back to you soon

Hello, sorry for the late replay but i think you dont have to create a whole new kernel. Simply create a new udf module with this patch inside and replace the current udf file (its located under /lib/modules/"kernelversion"/fs/udf) and reboot or try "rmmod udf and than modprobe udf"

As me write before me dont have an ps3 but thats the way how it works under an PC Linux (Suse) so maybe the patch are a bit diff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss999 View Post
    Hello, sorry for the late replay but i think you dont have to create a whole new kernel. Simply create a new udf module with this patch inside and replace the current udf file (its located under /lib/modules/"kernelversion"/fs/udf) and reboot or try "rmmod udf and than modprobe udf"

As me write before me dont have an ps3 but thats the way how it works under an PC Linux (Suse) so maybe the patch are a bit diff.
    If it works on PC then it will work on PS3 from what I have learned from my experience.
    The only thing I am thinking about is that the *.patch I used modified 4-5 files.

Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    The only thing I am thinking about is that the *.patch I used modified 4-5 files.
    Yes thats normal but after making the new module all needed parts should be in the created udf module.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News