Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Wink

Sponsored Links
    I'm working on a video I want exclusively for PS3News that kinda has to do with this. Wondering if I should post it as an attachment/rar or upload it to another site (if so which?) and hyperlink it. It'll be posted in the PS3 section.. not the linux part.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    If it's under 50MB then rar it with 'best' compression and attach it directly to a post here for us. If it's more than 50MB, then you will have to upload it elsewhere and then contact us with the link (since most 'free' upload sites are blocked, it won't show here).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    I'm working on a video I want exclusively for PS3News that kinda has to do with this. Wondering if I should post it as an attachment/rar or upload it to another site (if so which?) and hyperlink it. It'll be posted in the PS3 section.. not the linux part.
    Nice! Thanks hacked2123! A tutorial section would be great for this forum. A video tutorial subsection would be cool too.

good job hacked! I'm wondering how similar playing games off of the hdd will be.

thanks for making it easier to understand... we're still stuck with the 4GB limit for fat32 and mpeg and of course the downrez of the audio track... has anyone experimented with high quality mp4 compression? I noticed with the 300 demo, awesome quality and very small... these mpeg files are too chubby!

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Well, that may be possible to do, I need to look into making an "idiot free" guide to recompiling the kernel for UDF 2.5 support.

Did you need any additional dependancies, or did java work "out of the box"?
    Hallo, i dont have an ps3 but maybe you dont have to recompile the whole kernel with UDF 2.5 support. There are some make options to create single modules.

Try to switch to the kernel sources dir (maybe /usr/src/linux) und type:

[Register or Login to view code]

both without "".

I also didnt know which Kernel is used but i found an UDF 2.5 patch for kernel 2.6.16.

[Register or Login to view code]

I hope this help you a bit.

I'm having a problem, and hopefully you can help me. I have dumped Talladega Nights, transferred the iso to my pc, made a folder on C: called "TALLADEGA", inside that one called "BDMV" and inside that one I extracted the STREAM folder. Then I downloaded that BackupBluRayv021 prg.
    There are 2 parts of you tut that I don't rellay understand, the first is this part:

"Navigate to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin" (or the like) copy client, paste client, and rename it server"

I located a folder called client inside the bin folder, and pasted it to the same place as the backupbluray file and renamed the folder to server, but I am not sure if thats what I'm supposed to do?

The other part is this:
    "type " "(space) the location you create (you can drag and drop it) then type ", does that mean the "TALLADEGA" folder or something else?

Anyways, I tried doing it the way I though you meant, but I got an error message saying Unable to access Jarfile BackupBluRay.jar(its in the same place as the cmd.).

The client folder is pasted right where got it, then renamed to Server
    As for CMD.exe it should look like

" "C:\location of brBackup\BackupBluray.cmd" "c:\Talladega Nights\" "c:\I want it here\"

with spaces in between the quotes

Hope that solves every problem, if not write back, thanks for asking though, I was rather unclear.

Problem solved! I figured out that I had to go to the folder with the Backupbluray stuff in cmd (cd and all that), after doing that and fixing the server folder ^^ it worked

Now I just have to figure out how to make it play on ps3 then...

If you extract the contents of the YDL 5 DVD can you edit the kernel there and then burn it with nero? Or would it no longer boot? I would gladly reinstall my YDL 5 for a simple way to install UDF 2.5 support, not like I have but 4 or 5 programs.

Could an edited kernel build be posted here/is that necessary?

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News